Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Temptation

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Temptation

I had seriously looked at an Explorer a while back. Still came back to look at one of these.
    http://www.nationalpowersports.net/i...x?itemID=34604
    Still shaft drive but a wee bit more power cruse control TPMS would have to add heated grips and a top case...

› Site Search for: Temptation
    Karl
    2010 ABS "Jezabell"

My Gallery

Re: Temptation

I sat on one in the dealership a couple years ago. It's massive, but then most of the top of the line touring motorcycles are. Dry weight is 694 lbs, per that link.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT, Ebenezer - 2011 Honda NT700V (Gone, but not forgotten!)
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Daboo View Post
    It's massive, but then most of the top of the line touring motorcycles are. Dry weight is 694 lbs, per that link.
    Yep, too big for me. I like the BMW RT1200, R1200GS, and the Torphy. The FJR and C14 don't feel comfortable to me, but they are great to ride and play on for an hour or three. I tried to like the Tenere, but it too was a bit too heavy. I'd probably have one of those beefers if I were 20 or 30 years younger. Other close contenders were the V-Strom, Versys, and Africa Twin. I didn't find the little Beemers comfortable either.

That left me with the Tiger 800 - almost 100# lighter than the NT and 50% more hp. I really don't mind the chain drive. Spraying the new wax lube they have is easy. Cleaning the chain is a little messy but doesn't really take that long. I don't do cleanings on the road, but I do spray with lube at least once per day. These new chains, with proper care, get double to triple the miles that i'm used to.

(Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

The discount got my attention.

My Gallery

If the Triumph meets your needs, then the discount is worth while. If not...you're wasting money getting something that doesn't meet your needs because you'll spend more money in the end to get where you want to be.

I just cringe when I see weights like those. That's 200# heavier than my wet weight, not my dry weight. Everytime I move my bike in the garage or a parking lot, I thank God for steering me in this direction.

Chris

My Gallery

Chris is right! Get the motorcycle you want - not the best deal.

(Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

I love the bike. Quite a few others as well but this one has a special place in my heart. Like the NT does. The deal is just a tasty sauce that makes it even more inviting.

My Gallery

There's a beautiful, black, "new" unregistered, Pan European in my local dealers for 15,999€. It's one of the last off the production line. I'm sorely tempted.
    Regards,
    John
    Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.

(Threadstarter)
    2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

The Trophy is a more modern bike in my view and I love the sound the triple makes. It is a massive machine. Did I mention blue is my favorite color...

My Gallery

Karl, take it from a Trophy owner, it is an awesome bike and the price in the add is phenomenal. I paid thousands more than that and I am still extremely happy. IMHO, it is perfect for 1-up or 2-up. I have just passed 20K miles and have loved every moment on the bike. If it fits you well I say go for it, you won't be unhappy that you did. If you have any questions about it let me know. Good luck in your decision making.
    2011 NT700VA, 2014 Triumph Trophy SE

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast