BMWRA rally in Petoskey

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Any riders beside myself going to rally July 5-7. It not the famous NT-Owners Rally, but best I can do. Taking my 84 R100RT up and RV, so I have a nice place rest during the weekend. I not really much of a rally person, but this is so close, I figured I go and Hobnob with those BMW Riders.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
I ever belong to the West Michigan BMW riders (but not been to a breakfast meeting in years). I did a ride on my NT with a red roundel on a group ride, they did not understand the humor (put did say it really kept up with the snail pace they ride).

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I know some BMW riders who are really good and hard core riders. And I know some who just "play the role". They are all people - some good and some bad. Ya, I know the reputation they have and they (some of them) have certainly earned it. But I won't condem the all. OK, maybe a laugh or two.

OP
OP
Miairhead
Bike
I think you find many people who poo poo people that don't have their chosen . I know Honda (usually Goldwings), H-D, (don't get started with pickup trucks) etc. people that bad talk other brands. Heck I know many riders that scooter riders are a lower class. I think the more people that ride bicycles, scooters, motorcycles or other none 4 wheel (or more), make motorcycle riders safer. I wave or nod at walkers, runners, scooter, moheads.
I have had good rides with all bikers and motorcyclist (BMW like that one). At RoadRunner weekend you get all types of riders, some kind of look down at smaller bikes, but mostly just a diversified group of people that just like to ride motorcycles.

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
Didn't mean to offend - my post was meant as a joke. My friends include BMW, Harley, Ducati, Big Four, Triumph and even a couple of Moto Guzzi riders and we (good-naturedly) pick on each other on a regular basis.

As the old-timers say, "It's not what you ride, it's that you ride"!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
As the old-timers say, "It's not what you ride, it's that you ride"!
Absotootely!! I've ridden with folks on all kinds of bikes and have found most people are into riding more than they're into bike-brands. I met Paul Mater in a KOA on Cape Breton Island. He was on a Road King and we became friends during a ride to Louisburg, the old French Fortress east of Sydney, Nova Scotia. Then we rode the ferry to Newfoundland and the ferry to Labrador and back together on both. He didn't mind that I was on a Honda and I didn't mind that he was on a Harley. I'd ride anywhere with Paul.

Top Bottom