Thread: Host Gator?

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Host Gator?

Has anybody else had problems with being redirected to "Host Gator" when they try to connect to the Forum. It was happening last week when I used Firefox, and today happened with Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge.

I entered "www.nt-owners.org" into the address line, clicked enter and was taken to HostGator.com. It showed me a message tellingme that there was either a 403 or a 703 error and that access was denied to nt-owners.org because I didn't have permission to enter this domain. It offered to sell me a domain of my own or to allow me to contact Host Gator for assistance. I opted for a Chat Room and when a rep from HostGator came on line, I told him that I wasn't interested in spending money on Host Gator, and asked why I couldn't access this Forum. He told me I would have to talk to the owner of this site. Then I told him I couldn't because I couldn't get anywhere but to HostGator. I ran a Norton anti-virus scan and restarted my computer and was able to get here without seeing Host Gator.

› Site Search for: Host Gator?
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 115,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

Re: Host Gator?

Phil,

This website is currently hosted on the HostGator servers according to WHOIS. For whatever reason, the 403 / 703 error, you did not connect to the website after reaching the HostGator servers. When I have this happen I usually close my browser and try again...

See Here for the 403 Error definition and suggested actions to take if you get a 403 Error.

Error 703 is generally a Directory Error, in this case at HostGator, but can mean other things as well...none of which are nice.

Since you are using Windows just remember: When In Doubt Reboot....
    Last edited by RedLdr1; 06-17-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
    Phil,

This website is currently hosted on the HostGator servers according to WHOIS. For whatever reason, the 403 / 703 error, you did not connect to the website after reaching the HostGator servers. When I have this happen I usually close my browser and try again...

See Here for the 403 Error definition and suggested actions to take if you get a 403 Error.

Error 703 is generally a Directory Error, in this case at HostGator, but can mean other things as well...none of which are nice.

Since you are using Windows just remember: When In Doubt Reboot....
    Correct, it's just a server connection drop. Nothing to be worried about.

+ New Posts