Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New NT owner-Missouri

My Gallery

New NT owner-Missouri

Former NC700X owner, now 2010 NT700V owner. Saw this bike on Cycletrader, located at a local dealer. 35XX miles and $5500! I love this bike, especially compared to my previous NC700X (which I loved as a beginner bike). Been reading some of the reviews on the bike before I bought it, and also these forums. My biggest 'fear' is the saddlebags popping open on me, so I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I'm not great at doing any modifications, so I'm going to have my son do it when he comes home again (he is in the Navy as a Nuclear instructor). He loves bikes, has made his own 'custom' bikes, and can do anything MacGyver can do. In the meantime, I'm not using the left side case.

Anyway, I'm in central Missouri. Gotta go read some more threads on this site. Lots of helpful hints for new owners like me

Rob

› Site Search for: New NT owner-Missouri

My Gallery

Re: New NT owner-Missouri

Welcome to the forum Rob! The side cases on the NT are it's weakest point. There are preventive measures against possible failure as well as complete fixes such as replacing the existing system with clasps or clamps.
    Enjoy the bike and this forum!
    TIM WILKES
    2010 NT700V "PhaNTom" #1470
    2009 DL650 Wee (Phantom II)
    Patriot Guard Riders, AMA, Vietnam Veterans of America Life Member
    NT Only

My Gallery

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bike. I recommend reinforcing the bosses where the latchs and catches screw on with epoxy BEFORE they break. Much easier.

The latches you bought are the size larger than the ones I put on my NT. I used two of the smaller ones per side.

My Gallery

Welcome to the group and can't wait to see where you go with this bike. It's a great one.
    2010 Silver NT 700, ROX riser, nothing else needed.

My Gallery

Welcome to the forum.
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

Site Supporter
    My Gallery

Rob, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the NT site! I couldn't agree with you more on how much you love this bike as well as the helpful tips and information shared in the forums, which has been a huge benefit to new NT owners. Happy Father's Day to you and other members celebrating today!

Brad

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm hoping to meet some other NT riders here in MO. But for now, I'm taking it easy on the NT while I get used to it. Every mile puts a smile on my face

My NT: nt.jpg

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Rob, Welcome to NT-World! We've got a great Forum with lots of friendly and helpful people. I've had my left case open three times when I've been riding. The first time I had a checkbook, three bills I was paying and a book in it. I rode 80 miles into Denver with it open at speeds of about 80mph on I-76 east of Denver. A member of my church had passed me but told me later he thought I probably wanted it open?!!???

Everything stayed right there during the ride. Another time I was in Iowa west of Des Moines on the next to last day of my Epic Post-Retirement Ride to Alaska, the Four Corners of the US, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Labrador. I have no idea how long it had been open, but I was whipping along at about 80mph when I guy went by me in a pickup and he was pointing at the bike. The left pannier was open and had a bag liner and a bottle of wine in it. They both stayed there, too. Since then, I haven't had any trouble with my bags, either opening them or closing them, but I've got some external latches sitting here waiting to be installed.

I think you'll like the NT -- it has sure worked for me.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 115,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Welcome to the forums and the world of the awesome NT !
    Duane

It's all about the Journey....... Not a Destination !

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

I just noticed the 7th NT Rally in July. Looks like fun. Maybe next year. Would be great meeting everyone.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast