Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New NT owner-Missouri

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Re: New NT owner-Missouri

It's a lot of fun, Rob. A very laid back time with good people and great riding in the Black Hills. Put it on your calendar!
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

I am in Union, MO, whereabout is Central MO are you?

Mike
    "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...." Mark Twain

Site Supporter
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by robnpat View Post
    Former NC700X owner, now 2010 NT700V owner. Saw this bike on Cycletrader, located at a local dealer. 35XX miles and $5500! I love this bike, especially compared to my previous NC700X (which I loved as a beginner bike). Been reading some of the reviews on the bike before I bought it, and also these forums. My biggest 'fear' is the saddlebags popping open on me, so I bought these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I'm not great at doing any modifications, so I'm going to have my son do it when he comes home again (he is in the Navy as a Nuclear instructor). He loves bikes, has made his own 'custom' bikes, and can do anything MacGyver can do. In the meantime, I'm not using the left side case.

Anyway, I'm in central Missouri. Gotta go read some more threads on this site. Lots of helpful hints for new owners like me

Rob
    Welcome, I bought my NT a year and a half ago and love it. I installed the Southco latches on both the OEM lids and on the large lids. It eliminated all the issues with the plastic latches and under seat linkage. I first used stainless steel rivets and it made some small cracks in the black body of the bike. I drilled them out, made some small backup plates on the underside and used aluminum rivets. The latches work great with no worries. I got mine on eBay, I also contacted the distributor and made sure the latches were keyed alike.

IMG_2652.jpg

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mikesim View Post
    I am in Union, MO, whereabout is Central MO are you?

Mike
    Mike, I live in Vienna, between Jeff City and Rolla. I work in JC so it is a nice 40 minute commute on the NT. Would love to meet up and go ride one day

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bearbait51 View Post
    Welcome, I bought my NT a year and a half ago and love it. I installed the Southco latches on both the OEM lids and on the large lids. It eliminated all the issues with the plastic latches and under seat linkage. I first used stainless steel rivets and it made some small cracks in the black body of the bike. I drilled them out, made some small backup plates on the underside and used aluminum rivets. The latches work great with no worries. I got mine on eBay, I also contacted the distributor and made sure the latches were keyed alike.

IMG_2652.jpg
    Would you happen to have instructions on how you did this? I think I got the bigger latches than what you did but it still may serve my purpose. I'm not very handy with tools and such but if it is 'so easy that a caveman can do it' then I may give it a go, otherwise I will just wait for my son to come home when he takes leave. Not sure when that will be, but in the meantime, I'm not going to use the left case.

Rob

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by robnpat View Post
    Mike, I live in Vienna, between Jeff City and Rolla. I work in JC so it is a nice 40 minute commute on the NT. Would love to meet up and go ride one day
    I take MO 94 up to JC quite often and then ride back to Union on US 50. We will have to plan on a ride one day.

Mike

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mikesim View Post
    I take MO 94 up to JC quite often and then ride back to Union on US 50. We will have to plan on a ride one day.

Mike
    Sounds great. Just let me know. I haven't taken 50 to I-44 on any bike yet, just with my cars.

My Gallery

Welcome, it sounds as if you're learning about some MO riders already. Enjoy.

Terry

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Hi Rob,
    Just noticed your post. I live in Columbia and occasionally go to Jeff City. Maybe we cold meet up sometime

Thanks
    Jeff

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Bought my bike new in 2010 and never had the bags"pop" open. After owning it a few years rode it across America this spring. Managed to make it fall over twice. Bags never opened. Yes the bags are the weakest point of the bike, Enjoy your ride.
    Karl
    2010 ABS "Jezabell"

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast