Winsdcreen hard to move

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I just notice after my little $2500 lay down, the windscreen is hard to move up and down. I use to be able to lower with one hand, now it takes force to move it up or down. I sometimes would move it down while riding, once the sun warmed a ride. With the lay down, and only scrapes to the bag, lower, and of course the rubber guard. I not going to replace a thing, just add more paint to the bags and replace the rubber.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Mine got gradualy tight too and it wasn't from a drop. I just took it apart, cleaned and lubricated it and it worked like new again.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I use silicone aerosol spray because it can get into the mechanism. Much easier than disassembly!

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
My had always been hard to move. After assembly, clean, lube, reassembly, I finally put a little washer as a spacer in one of the ball bearing lock assemblies. I think it now works like it is suppose to.

Bike
Black NT680
Mine is jammed in the top position. What do you need to remove to access the mechanism?
5 min job, or an hour?
Thanks!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It's probably a 2 hour job. Mine got stuck and I took some silicone spray with a thin nozzle and stuck it in the slot and squirted up and down and my problem was solved.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I use silicone aerosol spray because it can get into the mechanism. Much easier than disassembly!
Yeah, mine is getting tough also...I will try the silicone spray lube trick....hope it stops snowing....

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Was your windshield replaced as part of the repairs? If so, the mounting holes might be too tight and need to open up or slotted.

When I bought the Givi windshield and after installing it the movement was very tight. I had to slot the holes with a Demel tool using a small sanding drum bit. After doing that the height adjustment was a lot easiler.

Top Bottom