Motorycycle deaths in WA

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Have you read the comments under the video, Chris? It degenerates pretty quickly into a crotch-rocket vs cruiser / helmet vs no helmet, drinking and lane-splitting argument.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
So, we should be good as long as we don't drink, smoke weed, speed or leave our lanes and get some training.... well, in WA... LOL.. who knew..

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Okay 24% of motorcyclists in WA don't have the proper license or endorsement....bad rider! But just as importantly, or actually more so in my opinion, what percent of drivers in WA don't have a drivers license at all? I'll bet it is close to that 24%... The only stats Google turned up are several years old but it was around 20% in those "hits".

I rode, and drove, for many years on a "generic" drivers license that covered anything from a motorcycle to a non-commercial tractor trailer. When the states starting splitting off motorcycles I finally added the Class M endorsement...but it didn't make me a better rider...just a $10 poorer rider every license renewal....:rolleyes1: Now if we got serious about real rider training, not the current "shake and bake" intro MSF licensing class, maybe the accident rate would decline...

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Have you read the comments under the video, Chris? It degenerates pretty quickly into a crotch-rocket vs cruiser / helmet vs no helmet, drinking and lane-splitting argument.
IMHO, those comment sections are worth about what you pay for them. The one salient fact is that riding a bike is not as safe as driving a car. Most of us are alive today because we piled the odds in our favor by riding a certain way and using our heads.
It is also no small coincidence that many of us are pilots...way higher than pilots in the natural population. But the sport is not safe. Ask Frosty at the rally about the Californian that almost killed me on our way home from the last rally....

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
So, we should be good as long as we don't drink, smoke weed, speed or leave our lanes and get some training.... well, in WA... LOL.. who knew..
Should I bring you some left handed cigarettes from the state of WA? ;) Accidents are up 8 percent here and 16 percent in Colorado....everyone here is for weed till their 8 year old daughter is killed by a high driver....
There is nothing worse than a high driver on a cell phone.....cant wait to see our insurance rates go up.....

Chris in the state of MOB RULE.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Okay 24% of motorcyclists in WA don't have the proper license or endorsement....bad rider! But just as importantly, or actually more so in my opinion, what percent of drivers in WA don't have a drivers license at all? I'll bet it is close to that 24%... The only stats Google turned up are several years old but it was around 20% in those "hits".

I rode, and drove, for many years on a "generic" drivers license that covered anything from a motorcycle to a non-commercial tractor trailer. When the states starting splitting off motorcycles I finally added the Class M endorsement...but it didn't make me a better rider...just a $10 poorer rider every license renewal....:rolleyes1: Now if we got serious about real rider training, not the current "shake and bake" intro MSF licensing class, maybe the accident rate would decline...
Good question for my trooper friends......how many drivers dont have valid licenses? 300,000 drivers in WA dont have a valid license. 16 percent dont have insurance. But we are not the worst state.
http://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/uninsured-motorists

It is my belief that the only thing that would make accident rates decline is using a carrot and stick approach. Reward those that are responsible...hammer those that arent. But no one listens to me so dont forget the "check six"

Top Bottom