Full Face Helmet for someone wearing eueglasses?

Bike
Looking for NT700
I've never owned a full face helmet before but I'm considering buying one now.My main concern is I've heard they can be difficult to put on/take off for someone who wears glasses(like me).I think that there may be a different kind of helmet that has full face protection but has a movable chin piece??
Anyways,if any of you guys who also has to deal with glasses has any thoughts/experience I would appreciate any advice you can give.Thanks

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I had a Shoei RF700 for a year or two after I started riding in '98 and can't tell you how many times I dropped my glasses while putting the helmet on and taking it off. When the first flip-front or modular helmets came out, I got one and I'll never go back to the full-face helmet. I've had a Schuberth C3 for about five years now and it is great. Maybe not quite as quiet as a full-face, but much, much more convenient and way, way easier to use with glasses.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Amen to what Phil said. I have had two modulars, and HJC and now a Nolan and they are great with glasses.

Mike

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Many helmets list being glasses friendly. My Shark Evoline is one that does, and get as a full or modular.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I wear prescription glasses and sunglasses and personally haven't had any issues with any helmet. Well except for this one pair of glasses that didn't fit well behind the ears. That particular pair of glasses extended too far back behind my ears and had an end that didn't really hug my head.

I do have a Schuberth C3 (sp) modular helmet that allows me to put on the helmet without removing the glasses, but I still have to adjust the glasses after i get the helmet on. I am slowly using this helmet more and more. I will probably wear it to Spearfish.

If you are careful about where you put your glasses while you put the helmet on, most helmets would work just fine. I usually just place on mine on top of the gloves on the seat, unless it is very windy. They seem to slide around if they are directly on the seat.

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
Have to say modular is the way to go. I use a Shoei Neotec with Sena 10U integrated bluetooth and also use earplugs and for me this is the perfect setup.

Bike
2011 NT
I am on my3rd Shoei helmet with no problem. Hearing aids are a different horse. I have to take them out while riding. The helmet pushing the aids into my eardrums. Not good.

Bike
2013 Red NT700VA
Full face helmets and glasses don't seem to mix well for me. I've worn glasses at all times from childhood. Never had a problem with open face helmets but I've broken several glasses frames with full face helmets. I've fared much better with flip front helmets than with fixed front but it still pays to try them with your glasses on. Some helmets press heavily on the arms of glasses. I always take my helmet to the opticians when choosing glasses and I always try helmets with my glasses on. Overall, flip front (modular) is the way to go.

Jon

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Unfortunately, I haven't found a modular helmet that really fits my head shape. I hold my glasses in the third and fourth fingers of my right hand while I am putting on or taking off my helmet.

I also do what Jon does: take my helmet in whenever I get new glasses.

Bike
Bonneville T120
I have two different Shoei full face helmets and wear glasses. I put the helmet on then put my glasses on. On the other end I take the glasses off and then take the helmet off. I've had no problems doing this.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I have two different Shoei full face helmets and wear glasses. I put the helmet on then put my glasses on. On the other end I take the glasses off and then take the helmet off. I've had no problems doing this.
I have a Shoei and do what Dan does. If I forget to remove the glasses, I get a painful reminder :eek: I also ordered some glasses (sun glasses and reg) from Zenni to stand up to the extra abuse.

Tonydtiger1971

Love Zenni glasses, especially when you are rough on glasses.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I wear Shoei RF series full face helmets and have found that Ray Ban Aviator frames fit very well and are easy to take on and off. They also do a very good job of keeping "stuff" out of my eyes when I leave my visor partially up and when I'm running "top down" in our convertible. I still haven't found a modular helmet I can comfortably wear. A Shoei Neo-Tec, in the same size as my RF, feels waaaaay to small for me. My wife has a Neo-Tec, in the same size as her RF-1100, and it fits her great...I give up...:rolleyes1:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I wear a Shoei Neotec. I have had two pair of metal frame glasses break over time due to the stress the helmet puts on them. I now have a prescription pair of plastic sport glasses that are more rugged that I wear when riding. The lenses also wrap around which helps keep dust out of my eyes when I ride with the visor up.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Helmets are very personal and you need to try them on with a knowledgeable person there to help you. Good luck finding them. you need to do things like trying to rotate them while you are wearing them to see if they will stay in place in a crash. What works great for one head is toxic for another. An eye port large enough to push your specticals in are always a big help.
the amount of time you have it all on is also a factor. What is fine for twenty minutes can be torture at five hours. My "new" glasses are awfully painful after an hour the "old" pair I carried for backup turned out to work for all day.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=helmet+liner+cap&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=181878213020&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9854696796200596931&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001657&hvtargid=kwd-21647838408&ref=pd_sl_8cmzqxq8ib_e_p19
I wear a helmet liner under my lid for a couple of reasons and wear earplugs for even a short ride. the liners tend to hold my ears and make the slip in easier. Hold my glasses in place when I pull on a modular. keep my lid cleaner, longer. Still need to pull the liner out to wash it. Have fun and enjoy your new choice.

Top Bottom