Make it hard or soft - Pillion experience

Fellow NT owners, my pillions are saying that their butt is sore after long rides in the rear position on the NT. I'm not nearly so sore from the drivers seat. What say you, is the answer to make it super soft on the rear end? Will handling be lousy?

I'd like to know your perspective.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
David, I'm reasonably sure you're not the David Fields I knew in Longview, TX, but I've got to ask. Are you?

Given the state of my memory, I've probably even already asked this question! :-(

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Fellow NT owners, my pillions are saying that their butt is sore after long rides in the rear position on the NT. I'm not nearly so sore from the drivers seat. What say you, is the answer to make it super soft on the rear end? Will handling be lousy?

I'd like to know your perspective.
To soften the ride, you either need to replace the rear spring with a softer spring OR increase padding in the seat. Changing the preload on the rear suspension is only to adjust the ride height to get the correct sag. It doesn't change the stiffness of the ride.

stoianovm

Hi all!
My wife also complains from a harshness on the back seat-especially on bumpy roads.Last trip we have swapped the bikes with a friend and it was much better-even I felt the softer riding and much better comfort.The bike was 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200 with no any changes and repairs on the suspension ever.
Otherwise my bike is very stable and me as a rider never felt something wrong,even when pushing to the limits on a race track.
Any thoughts about this and similar experience like mines and David's?

Top Bottom