Summer Weight Gloves?

Bike
Looking for NT700
I'm looking for recommendations on a nice summer weight glove.Want something short with great protection and breathability.Also,the heel of my (throttle)palm has been getting sore very quickly as of late(tough getting old).Maybe some padding there? Or other ideas?Thanks

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a pair of Held Emotion gloves that I bought from Held at an Iron Butt Association International Meeting a couple of years ago. I've been happy with them. Revzilla carries them for $75 (and free shipping).

I've also been happy with Aerostitch's Elkskin Ropers. When the Held gloves need replaced, I'll probably go back to the Ropers.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
There is always a trade off. Summer gloves are usually pretty light weight and do not typically have a lot of padding or protection. My latest summer gloves are Held Rodney gloves that are vented leather gloves that I have been wearing for the last two summers and find to be very comfortable and they do offer some padding for crash protection. As is the case with most Held gloves they are not inexpensive.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-rodney-gloves

Last edited:
Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
Really happy with my Held's. No idea what model they are, they resemble the 'Rodney'. I've had them for about 6 years. They are my go to glove in the summer months. I also like my Outseam gloves by Lee Parks. I don't wear those as often as my long finger nails have accidentally added a bit of ventilation.

Ntamer

Bought a pair of Sedici Torino gloves at Cycle Gear. Very comfortable in 90 plus weather and appear to have all the necessary protection

sojourn

Most comfortable summer glove I have,Mechanix fastfit.maybe not enough protection but eliminated hand fatigue on long hot rides.

Ntamer

Pus 1 on the Rev it Sand3 gloves. I have a pair and they're very comfortable in hot weather. Protection on the finger portion seems a little sketchy. The sedici gloves are almost as comfortable with more protection

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
Or you can go to a Farmer's store and spend $2.79 for a pair of cotton gloved with those rubber nibs on them. They cast little, last long, are cool and have a good grip. I live at the edge of a desert and often wet them before a ride or dunk 'em in an irrigation ditch during the ride. That acts as an evaporative cooler.

Super Dave

Top Bottom