CB500X Adventure Mods

tawilke46

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Jim Moore and I were talking about this at Spearfish. It is an interesting idea and i like it a lot. I am frugal enough that I would have to get a used CB500 at a really cheap price before I did any of the rally raid kits. Reality is that i probably prefer to take the DR650 I already own on anything "dirty" or "rough" anyway.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I'm impressed at how easy my 500x goes on gravel and most 2-track forest roads. It still has the stock original tires mounted. A more aggressive tread would be my first alteration if I spent more time off-road.
For me, if I was routinely riding the 500X on roads that requires a 4WD then I would have a Rally Raid 3 kit. It is a fun bike, but the NT is such a great commuter and colder weather ride that I won't be parting with it either.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I'm thinking that if Traveller every gets to be too much to handle a CB500X may find a place in my garage.

Mike

The 500X is going to be my next bike - if and when. it's about 3/4 size of the other mid size "adventure" bikes. I've ridden it and love it. Rally Raid has a level 1 conversion that improves the handling but doesn't increase the seat height - Id probably go for that. There is enough after market mods that would make it decent for touring. Its the bike that I want to do my Key West to Prudhoe Bay trip on - Maybe next year.

Wendell

Bike
2010 Honda NT 700V.
I have not ridden the X, but have been on the CBR500r, one of the family of Honda 500's. I was amazed at the smooth power delivery on it. It doesn't have breathtaking acceleration, but solo it would be a fine touring rig. You could easily ride 75 mph all day on it.

Top Bottom