HD Video

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
When I was an engineer I used to love to go to our customer's manufacturing facilities and see how their products were made.... fascinating stuff....

Mike

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
I toured the Harley factory in Milwaukee as well as York, Pa. back in 1981 and 1982 Per that video, not much has changed. They still lace wheels and pin stripe gas tanks by hand. Also still run them up on a Dyno before crating and shipping.
Although I now ride an NT700, I will always have a soft spot in my heart/head for Harley Davidson. I have owned 16 of them over the past 50 years and have ridden several hundred thousand trouble free miles on HD. If they were to introduce a mid sized, sport touring bike like the NT, I would beat a path to their door to buy one.
Thanks for the video.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
While in college I worked in a GM Foundry and later a foreman (production supervisor). It was common for factories to have tours. It is interesting to see how things are made. Enjoyed this video.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT700V
When I was an engineer I used to love to go to our customer's manufacturing facilities and see how their products were made.... fascinating stuff....

Mike
I like to watch the program, How it's Made and How it's made Dream Cars, interesting tours of manufacturing plants. Too bad the don't have How It's Made Dream Motorcycles! When I worked building remediation systems to clean up contaminated water and soil, I got to see how things were made. A brake line factory in Ohio, the Bumble Bee tuna canning factory in Cape May, NJ., {the stinkiest}, and many military bases. The saddest was the closure of the Caterpillar plant in York, Pa., it was located across from the Harley Plant. BB

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I can remember (surprisingly) watching Industry on Parade as a youngster. I think that made you begin to understand just how many jobs it takes to make these amazing products. I believe too much attention is put on a college education (and DEBT), when there are so many jobs that training without the mush they are teaching in college these day. Until the machines take over, there are lots of good paying jobs, and 4-5 years of college is not necessary.

Bab

Bike
2010 NT Silver
Seeing the equipment cycling in the backround struck a note with me. I worked for a stamping press manufacturer that built 2 presses for HD. The purchasing agents presented the owner of the company with a magnificent HD jacket in appreciation to the hospitality that was extended to them during the inspection process in our Guelph ON. plant. After the presses were commissioned the jacket was handed off to me because I was "the only Harley rider in the plant".

Top Bottom