ST guys might enjoy

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Other strange bikes are BMW, R1200 RTP Models. I have been fortunate enough to have done that type of riding/competition. It is great fun and at the same time it is hard work! I gave that stuff up about 8 or 9 years ago. Too old and weak for that.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
The videos show what is possible for some. I can't focus and concentrate well enough to come close. Heck, I would get lost in the cones.

Brad

Bike
2010 Honda NT 700V.
In the Japanese Police Skills video, I believe he is riding a Gen 5 (98-01) Honda VFR. Look right to you guys?

Bike
Silver NT700V
My problem too...getting lost in the cones.

Plus, if one of them drop the bike, they just turn it into the shop and get another. If I drop my bike, I open my wallet to fix it.

I stopped at a local riding skills clinic. I stuck around for a half hour or so, then left. One of the things that bothered me was there was no control over how many entered the course. At times, it was as crowded as when you had four of the policemen in tight spacing going through the cones. The difference was that the police knew what the other guy would do and had practiced together. This clinic was more of a free for all and an accident waiting to happen.

I do need to brush up on my slow speed skills though.

Chris
You really don't get lost in the cones. They look a lot different from the rider's view. I took the Ride Like a Pro course hear in Houston back in 2009. It was fairly hilarious. There were eight or nine Harleys, a couple of Goldwings, and me on Suzuki GS500F. Nobody laughed.

It was hard work, great fun and I learned a lot. I really want to do it again.

Check the Ride Like a Pro site. They may have one near you.

Of course, keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Top Bottom