Demand for NT700V

Bike
Silver NT700V
I ended up donating mine. Five years old and 72,000 miles. Reality was the competition was five years old and less than 1,000 miles.

People buy bikes and never ride them. It distorts the market.

I was notified that the done auctioned it for $1,500.

Buy it, ride it, enjoy it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

cam

I am looking at 3 2010 NT700 (non ABS) in my area. one has 13K miles at $4,199, 4K at 5,999 and 26K at 6,999. They all have been on the show room for 2 months or more. I am thinking, I want to pay no more than 3800 dollars depending on the bike. I am about 2 months before buying. My local HD dealer (if not a HD bike) may or may not take a trade in but shocked a Honda dealer not taking a NT700 trade in. I also think this is my last bike that I will buy but who knows the future. If I get into NT700 lust .. who knows what will happen. If buying today, I would take the $4,199 bike if it was a out the door price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I ended up donating mine. Five years old and 72,000 miles. Reality was the competition was five years old and less than 1,000 miles.

People buy bikes and never ride them. It distorts the market.

I was notified that the done auctioned it for $1,500.

Buy it, ride it, enjoy it.

Who did you donate it to ? I have heard about donating cars but not motorcycles.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I will get the info and post tonight.

Last edited:
Bike
Silver NT700V
The specific donee was Car Donation Foundation, d/b/a Wheels for Wishes. In my case the donation was for the benefit of Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Texas Gulf Coast.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Both of the bikes for sale on here now illustrate the problem I faced. They are 2011's with 6,000 to 8,000 miles. Mine was a 2010 with 72,000 miles.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Gee, whatcha' figger a 2010 with 117,000 miles might be worth? Do you think I'd have to pay someone to take it away??

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
How many things you have appreciate. I think low mileage NT's will be around for awhile, so you selling one can be a very hard thing to do. I laugh every time I read somebody is selling a bike/car/truck and lists the investment amount that has been made and only wants 1/2 that amount: you don't invest, you spend.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Interesting that on this side of the pond the NT is under-appreciated whilst on the other side of the pond a recent motorcycle mag said that the Deau was a "clever, clever" choice of bikes.

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
you don't invest, you spend.
Absolutely! I spent a wad of money farkling my NT when I bought it. I didn't expect to get any extra cash out of it because of those farkles -- I got 'em because they were what I wanted the bike I was going to ride for over 100K miles to have to make it as comfortable and enjoyable as possible for me!

tawilke46

Absolutely! I spent a wad of money farkling my NT when I bought it. I didn't expect to get any extra cash out of it because of those farkles -- I got 'em because they were what I wanted the bike I was going to ride for over 100K miles to have to make it as comfortable and enjoyable as possible for me!
Right on!!! Or plussssss one.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Subaru dealers wont take old high millage Subarus in trade. Look at the price of NEW midsizd bikes. You should be able to get a nice NT for 3500 before taxes. Cash in hand talks.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The specific donee was Car Donation Foundation, d/b/a Wheels for Wishes. In my case the donation was for the benefit of Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Texas Gulf Coast.
Chuck, Thanks for the information. I suspect when the time comes this is the route I will end up talking. After 7 years of "patina" build up from daily commuting in all weather conditions I think the only person that can appreciate my NT is me and its not going to be any prettier in a few more years.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Subaru dealers wont take old high millage Subarus in trade
And how many old, high mileage, 2.5 Subies don't need an engine rebuild? I like Subies but you couldn't give me an old, high mileage, 2.5...:eek1:

The best comment I ever heard about trade in value was from a car salesman. He said he would give you what ever you felt was fair for your trade in. But then he would adjust the price of the new car to what he felt was fair...:wink:

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Interesting that on this side of the pond the NT is under-appreciated whilst on the other side of the pond a recent motorcycle mag said that the Deau was a "clever, clever" choice of bikes.

Mike
In the good 'ol U.S of A if a bike isn't at least 1000cc and have 100+hp then it isn't a 'real' bike in the eyes of many. For that I am grateful as it has allowed me to buy an excellent all around bike for very few dollars.

Those of you that are still on this forum and have sold your NT700, was it difficult to sell or take a long time, did you get a decent price? I am considering selling mine and moving back to HD and just curious how listing on this forum has worked for others.
Thanks.:smile:
It took me about 6 weeks to sell my NT but I started the asking price at $1,500 and then eventually dropped it down to $750. Once I did that I think it sold within 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

Edit: I also had my NT listed on more than one forum.

Last edited:
Before someone new starts reading this and thinks they paid too much for their bike, could you clarify two things?
1. How many miles did you have on it?
2. How many times had you washed it? (Wasn't this the NT that was almost never washed?) :)

Chris
Question number one it only had 155,500+ miles on it.

Question number 2 I had never washed it.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I am sure the guy you sold it to enjoyed trying to wash off that caked on Alaskan goo ;)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V - ABS
I bought my 2010 NT700Va last September. I paid $5,500 and the bike had 3,100 miles on it. It looked like new except for some minor corrosion (had lived near the ocean?). Original tires on it. It was on consignment at a Honda/Kawasaki dealer. Due to the harsh ride, I soon had "buyer's remorse". Arguably, the crappy roads were as much at fault as the NT suspension was. I made suspension changes and began to like the bike for its adjustable windshield, flickable handling, good brakes, good fuel economy, and energetic engine. It's not nearly as fast or cool or as awesome sounding as my old VFR. And not as comfy or as quiet as my heavy but capable Pacific Coast. I was disappointed that the NT was not the thoroughly satisfying replacement for my two 1996 Hondas. But... I just returned from a 1,200 mile Northern California ride over some of the best twisty roads in the US. CA 108 over 9,624 ft Sonora Pass. A loop around Lake Tahoe. A ride through Lassen Volcanic Nat'l Park up to where the snow had still closed the CA 89. Then 140 miles of curves on the awesome and legendary CA 36 from Red Bluff to Fortuna. On the fourth day, a ride down Hwy 1 along the coast and back to the Bay Area. The NT performed flawlessly. I'm no longer thinking of selling it but instead pondering what to do with the VFR and PC.

Top Bottom