Demand for NT700V

OP
OP
Electraclyde
Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Well folks, I am now a past NT owner. Got the itch for another Harley and my local dealer had a 2013 Police Electraglide. I convinced him to take my NT in on trade. For me, it feels like I have returned home again. The NT is a VERY good bike, but turns out was too small and light for me. I had added a few "farkles" as you folks call them, the most important was the electronic cruise control. (Thanks for the advise and help, Phil). My garage is very crowded with 2 cars, one motorcycle and a work bench which is occupied with 3 reloading presses. I would have kept the NT if I had the room for it.
I do plan to continue on this forum in the future.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Glad you're going to stay with us. Hope someone buys the NT soon.

Bike
2011 NT
Had my 2011 NT for 3 years of riding. Had 610 miles on it when I bought it(paid $6900 for it) Had 18,000 miles on it when I traded it in on a 2016 carry over RT limited Spyder the first of May. Got a $2500 rebate on it and $5,000 trade in on my Nt. Have over 10,000 miles on it now. It needed a little tweaking with a heavy duty swaybar under the front end and it handles great now Before it did not like the wind. So it will probably be my last bike. Will be 76 in a month.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Just as an FYI factoid on what a used 2010 Nt is worth. On my new Rider Mag. cover is the new Suzuki V-Strom, a contender for Rider's bike of the year.
$8,800

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Just as an FYI factoid on what a used 2010 Nt is worth. On my new Rider Mag. cover is the new Suzuki V-Strom, a contender for Rider's bike of the year.
$8,800

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Well folks, I am now a past NT owner. Got the itch for another Harley and my local dealer had a 2013 Police Electraglide. I convinced him to take my NT in on trade. For me, it feels like I have returned home again. The NT is a VERY good bike, but turns out was too small and light for me. I had added a few "farkles" as you folks call them, the most important was the electronic cruise control. (Thanks for the advise and help, Phil). My garage is very crowded with 2 cars, one motorcycle and a work bench which is occupied with 3 reloading presses. I would have kept the NT if I had the room for it.
I do plan to continue on this forum in the future.
Congrats on your new scoot! In reading your posts I could always tell that between the lines you missed your Harley!

Mike

OP
OP
Electraclyde
Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
I had my 2010 (red, non abs) NT for slightly over 2 years. It had 9400 miles on it with new tires and fresh service. I bought from the original owners widow for $5200.00
When I traded it in at Harley dealer for $2700.00, it had 19789 miles on it. I had added an aftermarket top box, Honda wind deflectors, cee Bailey wind shield, and best of all the the electronic cruise control. I had also replaced the rear tire around 16 or 17000 miles. I only made one major trip with it, to Cocoa, Fla. and back. The NT's are great bikes, and the best kept secrect at Honda. Unfortunately the Honda dealership in this area do not support them well.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I had my 2010 (red, non abs) NT for slightly over 2 years. It had 9400 miles on it with new tires and fresh service. I bought from the original owners widow for $5200.00
When I traded it in at Harley dealer for $2700.00, it had 19789 miles on it. I had added an aftermarket top box, Honda wind deflectors, cee Bailey wind shield, and best of all the the electronic cruise control. I had also replaced the rear tire around 16 or 17000 miles. I only made one major trip with it, to Cocoa, Fla. and back. The NT's are great bikes, and the best kept secrect at Honda. Unfortunately the Honda dealership in this area do not support them well.
What year did you sell it to the dealer? $2700 trade in sounds about right. We never get the farkel money out of what we spend.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Exactly 2 weeks ago today.
If I had enough space in garage, I would have kept it.
Yeah, thats the thing...space......still, I have two good bikes and have room on my property for yet another cedar shed so I might go three bikes. Looking at an adventure tourer.

Bab

Bike
2010 NT Silver
I have doubts about the possibility of selling mine. The NT was not released for sale in Canada, and no one up here knows what they are, except for a very few (maybe 6 in Ontario?) Dealers sometime respond with "heard of them, but never seen one". On the other hand some one may be looking for something different, and it may work to my advantage. I bought the NT based on what I read in past issues of mags, as well as the encouragement from many here. The Ultraglide was rode for 14 years, and I felt it was time for a change. I love the NT as well as my wife, but she doesn't have the same attraction to the NT. She misses the couch that the HD was. It's my intention to keep this bike as long as I did the Ultra, and I'll keep wittling at it to suit our needs. I can't say enough about the NT.

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
There are no used NTs for sale in the Boise area. Neither of the Boise area Honda dealers reported even ordering a 2011 model. Together, they ordered and sold 14 2010 models. I bought one still-in-the-box in May 2012 with a big discount.

Portland, Oregon's Craigslist (six hours away) has seven used NTs for sale, ranging from $3,800 to $6,000. They were all low mileage too. Maybe I should go buy one and store it until my current NT wears out? They may become cult classics like the Pacific Coast.

Dave

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
There are no used NTs for sale in the Boise area. Neither of the Boise area Honda dealers reported even ordering a 2011 model. Together, they ordered and sold 14 2010 models. I bought one still-in-the-box in May 2012 with a big discount.

Portland, Oregon's Craigslist (six hours away) has seven used NTs for sale, ranging from $3,800 to $6,000. They were all low mileage too. Maybe I should go buy one and store it until my current NT wears out? They may become cult classics like the Pacific Coast.

Dave
One in Spokane at the Triumph dealer for $4400 with 3k on it. One thing is for sure...the whole bike market is soft.......Anyone with cash can make some great deals this November.......

Top Bottom