Todays solo ride

Bike
2010 NT700V
Went out this morning on my NT for a 210 mile ride in South Central Pa. where I live. Beautiful day, clear sky, 60's to upper 70's. Four nice hill climbs with switch backs and five State Parks, all on secondary roads. About 75 miles out, approximately 12 crazies on crouch rockets came up behind me. I was riding in a cars left tire part of the road. The first guy passed me at about 80 mph on the left, riding on the double yellow line, I stuck my left arm to let them know this guy was too close. Another one passed me while doing a wheelie. I just though what a bunch of jerks.

At about 175 miles into my ride on my way home, I saw the same gang stopped on the side of the road after a 90 degree corner. I looked to my left and there was one of them picking his bike up in a soy bean field about 100 feet off the road. Guess sometimes there is justice! I had a great ride, too bad this group is out there giving cyclists a bad name. BB

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
With age comes wisdom and the knowledge that doing stupid things will eventually catch up with you.
Just let them go and shake your head at the time and smile to yourself as you go past the damaged bike.
I never want to see anybody seriously hurt but if he was hurt enough, he might learn.

The roses smell sweeter on an NT.

Macka

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
On my typical weekend ride into eastern TN I often run into a lot of sport bikes. They do ride like hell. I usually move over for them otherwise they will pass on my right or the left. On occasion i will see them at pull out or a gas station and I will stop to talk to them. They are usually very nice young men just out having fun. Unfortunately like a lot of young men they do not view risk the same as we do.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Same as Warren and bb51. Met some last weekend (head on) and over the center line on my side of the road. I was going at an appropriate speed and tightend up my line to let them go by on their chosen line. I've also come upon a few groups retrieving a bike and rider from the roadside weeds.

I've attended several local WI COG (Concours Owners Group) rides. I saw blood on all three. They just seem to want to run fast. On the first one they were running hard to make up time (because some people can't start on time). In a hard right downhill curve on a 2-lane road the bike ahead of me (a Harley) wiggled a bit and then low sided sliding out into the guard rail. The bike then came spinning acorss my line and I had a guy right on my tail. I was able to tighten up my line and miss the down rider and bike and then slow down and make a u-turn. After parking my bike across the lane with the wreckage in it with my flashers going I walked up the the former rider now patient. I was wearing one of my "Iron River Ambulance Dept." shirts at the time, and he looked up at me and said "how did you get here so fast". His broken leg did effectively slow the group down, but not for real long.

Top Bottom