NT Rally

RSVP HERE

Spearfish, SD

Date:
June 27-30, 2018
Wed thru Sat

Hotel:
Some are using Bell's
however, the main event is at the campground.

Camping:
Chris' Campground
Rate: $11 per person per night

Just an update, we should be in sites 88-96.

Sometime after the beginning of 2018,
Please call (605-642-2239) or email (chriscampground@gmail.com) to let them know how many are coming please provide
# of people in your group
# of tents
Special needs such as electricity
vehicle i.e. bike, RV, bike w/trailer etc.
Mention the ST/NT Rally

Please bring cash, check or travelers checks - they do not take credit cards.

Agenda
June 29th - Friday
later at Campground:
6:00pm - Giveaways
6:30pm Pizza !!!

Chris' Campground
MAP

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
A slight date change for 2018... the 4th will be on a Wednesday this time and so it's hard to tell of the holiday traffic/campgrounds will be congested during the first half/second half or the entire week...

Also, there's an ST even in Colorado - RockSTOC the week before in Ouray, CO so this gives folks the chance to attend both and avoid holiday traffic - hopefully. NT folks are more than welcome to join in of course, but just make sure you reserve a spot quickly as the KOA there has filled fast that last few times they did this. I'm not sure what are the next nearest accommodations.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Mellow, I think you need to change the date to contact the Campground to sometime after the beginning of 2018, rather than 2017. :)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I like these dates better than right after 4th of July. It should be easy for me to take time off. We had really good weather in 2017. Hoping for more of the same next year.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Not sure if I will be able to make it this year as I have another Euro trip (family trip this time) in June. Don't know if I will be back in time. But if so I was thinking of driving my truck and bringing my Little Gray Bike. Kawa Versys 300X. Will you let me attend. ( I have not had a NT700 or a ST1300 in over three years now)

I have ridden all the pavement up there so this time I want to ride the dirt roads in the area. This little bike is perfect for that. 300X.jpg

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Shucks, Chuck, we don't have any pride at all. Anyone who's willing to be seen with us is welcome. You ought to know that.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I have ridden all the pavement up there so this time I want to ride the dirt roads in the area. This little bike is perfect for that.
Yes, definately! Put that little bike in the dirt because it is way too clean now.
If you don't make it to Spearfish Chuck, we may talk about you. You should be there to defend yourself.
Enjoy your trip to Europe and bring some good stories back to Spearfish.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have never seen any dust or dirt on any of Chuck's bikes. If he did get it dirty, I bet he would clean it up as soon as he got home. :) Just teasing ya Chuck, we all know that you take excellent care of your bikes.

Looks like I am going to miss Spearfish this year. Not only do I have to work (stupid projects), but I thought I had a good line on a pristine red 2015 Super Tenere. I wanted it so bad. In order to pay cash for it, I needed to sell the DR. I found a good buyer for the DR and he apparently enjoys it enough that I have regrets sell it. I don't feel too bad, because I like knowing that it is out there running around and making the new owner happy. It was just sitting in my garage and not getting used much. The Super Tenere sold before the DR deal was finished. So now I am without a motorcycle. At least I shouldn't need to wait the next time a good deal comes up.

Maybe I will see you guys next year.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I have never seen any dust or dirt on any of Chuck's bikes. If he did get it dirty, I bet he would clean it up as soon as he got home. :) Just teasing ya Chuck, we all know that you take excellent care of your bikes.

Looks like I am going to miss Spearfish this year. Not only do I have to work (stupid projects), but I thought I had a good line on a pristine red 2015 Super Tenere. I wanted it so bad. In order to pay cash for it, I needed to sell the DR. I found a good buyer for the DR and he apparently enjoys it enough that I have regrets sell it. I don't feel too bad, because I like knowing that it is out there running around and making the new owner happy. It was just sitting in my garage and not getting used much. The Super Tenere sold before the DR deal was finished. So now I am without a motorcycle. At least I shouldn't need to wait the next time a good deal comes up.

We'll miss ya... Super Tenere deals are definitely out there to be had, maybe the stars will align yet.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Sorry to hear that "life" has interrupted your plans for Spearfish. There is always a motorcycle that needs a home and I'm sure you'll find one. I tried hard to like the Super Ten, but the (not quite perfect for me) ergos and weight trumped everything else I liked about it.

Looking at the RSVPs I see all veteran Spearfishers. I was hoping to see some new faces this year. I guess I'll check the ST forum next. I plan to go to Spearfish, but even if I don't make it I still have to go somewhere on my motorcycle because I'm going nuts. (I know - it's a short trip for me) so Mellow doesn't have to add that!!!!!

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR

If you were interested I could make you a decedent deal on a 2014 Wee Strom 22k miles.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If'n I were you, I would stay away from any "decedent" deals.... I'm just sayin'

Mike

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT

You will be missed...the attendance list is a bit short this year but I will be there.....oh for the days when there was 10 NTs to oogle.....and 10 great guys to share stories with.....to have breakfast with.....maybe we should buy a bottle of something and split it when only two of us show up?

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Sorry to hear that "life" has interrupted your plans for Spearfish. There is always a motorcycle that needs a home and I'm sure you'll find one. I tried hard to like the Super Ten, but the (not quite perfect for me) ergos and weight trumped everything else I liked about it.

Looking at the RSVPs I see all veteran Spearfishers. I was hoping to see some new faces this year. I guess I'll check the ST forum next. I plan to go to Spearfish, but even if I don't make it I still have to go somewhere on my motorcycle because I'm going nuts. (I know - it's a short trip for me) so Mellow doesn't have to add that!!!!!
You had better come or Frosty and I will hunt you down! Except we are afraid of Wisonsin Rain and evil ticks! :rofl1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'll get there Wednesday and leave Saturday. I hope to be on the bike, but will drive if I can't get my sidestand shortened by then.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I'll get there Wednesday and leave Saturday. I hope to be on the bike, but will drive if I can't get my sidestand shortened by then.
Phil, you'll be among friends. Bring the bike. We'll shorten that side stand for you. I figure that with about 2 or 3 12-packs, a hack saw, and a welder we can scrounge up somewhere we can shorten that baby by the time the beer is gone. It wouldn't surprise me if Chris had a welder attachment for one of his fancy battery packs. Have faith in your buddies my friend. We're here for you. I haven't started anything on fire with my welder for almost a year now. It will be good. Maybe we can even find a way to quick charge Chirs's battery pack with the welder too if the beer isn't gone by then. What are friends for anyway.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It's good to know that my friends are steadfast in their devotion to the cause.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
There might be a welder in the shed there at the campground... if not, about 50 zip-ties should get you home. Heck, that part of SD probably has a welder in every home.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...maybe we should buy a bottle of something and split it when only two of us show up?...]

Stove fuel always goes good with chips & salsa! :)

Top Bottom