Eclipse rides?

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Any Eclipse rides planned? I'm doing mine in RV (trying to convince wife to let NT go on back), in Tennessee at a COE campground. I will have just have come back for RoadRunner weekend, and jump in RV and head down for a long week. Not really sure why we are going to see the sun go dark, but what the heck why not. My son will be riding down for the weekend with a friend, so at least a Tenere and a African Twin will be at camp site.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/long-branch/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71272

ONE MORE Thing DO NOT FORGET YOUR GLASS or welding 14 welder's glass

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Jim Moore, who lives in Whitney, NE, and I are going to meet up in Nebraska, probably near the Agate Fossil Beds NM south of Harrison.

Tonydtiger1971

Looking to head down to the Cherohala Skyway and see what we can at the rest stop between Tennessee and North Carolina.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Since I live just outside of Nashville I am just going to step outside my office and give it a look.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I live just south of Portland Oregon. We will get 99.6% totality from my office. Roads/parks/pullouts south of us are supposed to be so packed that the normal 45 minute drive to Salem (100%) is expected to take 6 hours. 99.6% is good enough for me!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I live just south of Portland Oregon. We will get 99.6% totality from my office. Roads/parks/pullouts south of us are supposed to be so packed that the normal 45 minute drive to Salem (100%) is expected to take 6 hours. 99.6% is good enough for me!
We are now hearing warnings that all that live in the 75 miles strip of the almost guarenteed states with good weather like Eastern Oregon and Idaho should stock up on food and gas and stay off the roads.
Businesses in central Oregon may have to operate on cash only. Emergency management is gearing up.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/Free/20170627/total-solar-eclipse-casts-spotlight-on-rural-oregon-town

Best wishes to our eastern forum members for good weather....

Chris who cant see anything due to the wildfire smoke.

Top Bottom