Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi everyone, new nt owner...

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

Re: Hi everyone, new nt owner...

Lets try a different way...
    http://imgur.com/a/PW6Z6

› Site Search for: Hi everyone, new nt owner...

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

and again...<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/PW6Z6"><a href="//imgur.com/PW6Z6"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

My Gallery

Very Nice,

Welcome to the Forum from east Texas.
    I have my 2011 for sale at this time.
    I love the bike but it's time to move on because I have 3 other to ride, '11 Suzuki vstrom 650, '13 Honda CB1100 and '16 Triumph Tiger 800 XRT.
    I work part time and it's still hard to get as much time on the bike as I'd like.

Wanda P.
    2011 Suzuki VStrom 650
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XRT

My Gallery

Oops, the Honda is a 2014, not a '13.

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

The mileage is correct. Absolutely unmolested. All factory markings (paint pen as torque is verified) in place. All fluids checked and correct. Dealing with an old stock bike, you take the chance that a seal could fail, all good so far.

Site Supporter
    My Gallery

Larry,

When I purchased my 2010 NT in April, it had 573 miles. I will soon have 4000 on the odometer as I use it to commute and visit immediate family on weekends which is 300 miles round trip. I was a bit concerned about the age factor as well, but when I took it to my local mechanic, he assured me the tires were still fine and not to worry after examining them. I believe you had two separate posts going initially and thought I had seen on the other one, which I can't seem to find now, that you were planning on replacing the tires. If you haven't replaced them yet, I would highly recommend taking them to your local mechanic and have them evaluated. The previous owner had taken very good care of mine which helped contribute to extending their life and I believe yours should be fine too. Again, just a suggestion to have them evaluated... I did wind up having some minor corrosion around the coolant line on the front side of the water pump after I detected a minor leak at the end of the hose. Nothing major to resolve and I had one other minor oil leak that is too lengthy to describe in detail that was also an easy fix for my mechanic. Someone else on the forum actually reported the same exact issue a few years ago which makes the NT ownership experience much more enjoyable to know that nearly every aspect and detail of the mechanical components are more than likely covered. It was a good feeling on my commute home today to have the car next to me at a stoplight compliment me on what a nice bike it was! A far cry from yesterday, when I was told where to go when a pickup nearly wiped me out with a sudden lane change on a busy artery. I was a bit upset of how careless this driver was and when I just happened to be right next to him stopped at the next light, I asked him in a nice tone if he realized he had cut me off. He then told me where to go when I suggested he try and be more careful next time as he had nearly cost me my life and then he provided me with an added bonus of a hand gesture as soon as the light changed. I refrained the urge to respond back. Starting today, I wore a blaze orange shirt. I had done this occasionally in the past, but not on a regular basis. Honestly, I don't think it would have mattered yesterday with this particular driver. It's a risk you take as a motorcyclist but was also relieved and impressed at how well I was immediately able to slow down to avoid any mishap or injury.

Again, congratulations on your recent purchase and hope you have as good of luck as I've had given the age and low miles.

Brad

(Threadstarter)

My Gallery

Thanks Brad,
    I've been buying, selling, & restoring vintage mopeds from the 70's for many, many years. With that experience, I've dealt with many new, old stock machines that never had been prepped for sale, or even assembled. Many have been found in the original crates. This nt had been assembled and checked for sale at some point, but it may have been a far back as 7 years ago. Very close inspection reveals absolutely no checking, cracking or any deterioration on the original tires, clearly, they have not been exposed to any outside air, or UV rays..... I'm riding it at this point & will continue to check the tires closely. Also, thanks for the tip on the hoses, coolant, and that sort of stuff... again, checked carefully, fully filled, functional. I will change the engine oil and filter at around 100 miles, and then again at 600 or so miles.
    I've learned to not confront crazy drivers, i just pull over, let them go and forget about it. (I live in NY!!)
    Great bike, I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12