It just followed me home the other day......

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
......and would not go away. So I kept it. Nice little bike with modern amenities. No more kick start, no more carburetors to maintain. I really do like the Versys 300X. Not quite as much dirt oriented as the XT but then I am getting too old for serious off road riding. The Versys is going to be my city bike and dirt road machine. Very easy to ride. Very light clutch and great fuel range 4.5 gal tank with about 65 mpg Got a great deal on a lightly used machine, less than 500 miles on the clock and two year warranty still left. PO only had bike for three months.

Attachments

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
My Son-in-Law has a NC700 manual clutch that I get to maintain. It has more get up and go of course than the 300X but it is twice the engine size. Before you sell and buy go ride both side by side. Both are good bikes, it comes down to personal preference and what one wants to do with them. I have my FJR for GO FAST and LONG, also My Wee 650 for the Mountain twisties. and now the little 300X for around town and some light off road stuff. That said, see my for sale add of my XT350.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Wow...your shop is immaculate! :)
Oh, jeez... don't tell him that!! That just encourages him to keep posting more photos of that disgusting shop! If my wife would see those pix, I'd never hear the last of it.

:rolleyes1:

Mike

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Chuck,

Congrats! This looks like a nice little machine, and it's sure to be a hoot to ride. I had strongly considered selling or trading my NT to get one of these Kawi's, but after seeing the "demand for NT700V" thread and the low prices they are bringing used, it looks like the NT will be with me for a long time, not that that's a bad thing.

Brad

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Oh, jeez... don't tell him that!! That just encourages him to keep posting more photos of that disgusting shop! If my wife would see those pix, I'd never hear the last of it.

:rolleyes1:

Mike
Since you brought it up, here are a couple of more shots. :rofl1: You are lucky my main computer with all my garage pictures is down right now. I am on my small lap top.:tongue:

Attachments

Last edited:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
That "garage" looks more like an operation room.
I prefer that "lived in" look in my garage.
That's my story!!!!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What's the seat height on your new little Versys, Chuck? They sound like great bikes.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Just an observation -- Tim's garage is as clean as Chuck's, just not quite as fancy. Both are cleaner than my kitchen was while Joanne was out of town.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
That "garage" looks more like an operation room.
I prefer that "lived in" look in my garage.
That's my story!!!!
Yeah! Me too! Mine also looks "lived in"....... VERY "lived in".

Mike

Bike
Honda NT700V
Cool.

I looked at one earlier but the Honda dealer talked me into an NC700 DCT.
I got a great price and even better fuel economy but I am not happy with it.

I have the NC for sale and will buy the Versys 300 when I get the NC sold.

Super Dave
Often we can learn more about a bike from what someone doesn't like about it than from some enthusiastic report. So, I'm curious why you're not happy with the NC.

Chuck, I'm sure you'll love the new bike. Smaller, lighter bikes are a blast to ride.

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
Often we can learn more about a bike from what someone doesn't like about it than from some enthusiastic report. So, I'm curious why you're not happy with the NC.
It is difficult to explain.
I am not unhappy, just not happy.
I guess that I am neutral.

Positives:

The fuel economy is excellent, about 10% better than the NT.
DCT is very easy to drive in my typically rural conditions. I can drive it like a scooter and enjoy the scenery.
The low-speed maneuverability is very good; I suspect because the weight is kept so low.
The front trunk eliminates the need for saddlebags or a rear trunk.
Everyone wants to try a bike with a DCT.

Negatives:
The seat is hard and tilted forward.
I doubled up on the Honda rubber bumpers at the front of the seat.
It made it almost flat but now I am not tall enough to feel comfortable when stopping.
It feels almost as heavy as the NT. Maybe that is due to being 67 years old.
The fuel tank holds less than four gallons. Luckily, I can't sit on it for long enough to use a tank of fuel anyway.
The DCT almost gets away from me sometimes. I forget that the throttle response is instant.
Despite zero claims of any kind, my insurance company charges more for the NC than for the NT.
It has a chain.

*** UPDATE ***

I decided to keep the NC700. The fuel economy is amazing, the engine can handle gravel trails and the freeway. The front trunk is so handy that I never needed a trunk.

I did have three electrical issues in 8,100 miles. The left hand control had a bad ground, the dashboard winked on and off due to a different bad ground, and the ignition switch only worked of and on. They were all fixed under warranty.

By comparison, the NT700 did cost a lot more but has had zero issues in 60,000 miles.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Neat bike Chuck. Just stay away from those single tracks on steep slopes :)

I am glad they are making better small dual sports. I want to see Honda update the CRF250 with the 300 they put in the CBR300.

I have seen the videos about the prototype T700. Looks interesting, but next spring I will probably still go with the SuperTen. I think my next bike will be more touring than dual sport.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Just an update on the Farkling progress of the little Versy X300. Was not able to do much to it until i got back from my Euro Moto trip. But now she is coming along just fine. MRA windshield, SW Moto tech crash guards, SWM side stand foot, OEM center stand, OEM 30 litre top box with matching color panel, OEM Hand guards, service manual, Powerlet 12v outlet and a Wally world ATV seat pad. Also I opted not to instal the OEM panniers but I have on order a set of Shad 23ltr panniers and brackets, along with a fender extender. This bike is turning out to be a great little bike to run around the City with and to also cross Denver to the foot hills and get onto the Forest service roads and trails. The Little Girly XT350 has been sold just over three weeks ago. No more kick start or carbs to deal with. I am really liking this little Versys.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom