It just followed me home the other day......

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Not sure I answered your question. 32 inches.
I don't think you did, but my next question would be about the seat's comfort...how is it?

It's a really good-looking little bike and is one that intrigues me.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I don't think you did, but my next question would be about the seat's comfort...how is it?

It's a really good-looking little bike and is one that intrigues me.

The bike is very comfortable except the seat. It is hard as a rock. I am trying the Walmart ATV seat pad, but if that does not work I will take it to Steve Gowing in Fort Collins for a remake. He is the one who made my FJR seat. Meet me some where half way and I will ride the little bike up for you to take a closer look.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Meet me some where half way and I will ride the little bike up for you to take a closer look.
Sounds like a deal. Let me know when. I'm hooked up Monday afternoon and Tuesday, but after that I'm fairly wide open.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Farkling is almost finished for the Little Gray Bike. Just a couple items more. Waiting for the after market to come up with a skid plate that I like and still waiting on my fender extender. Did finally get my Shad panniers 23ltr. with side racks. Installed them and am ready to attack DownTown Denver and beyond. Still debating about the seat. It is as hard as a rock. Might have to get a custom seat made. But I think, as a second bike, this bike is a keeper.

Phil, Thinking about riding the Little Gray Bike out to Front Range Air park for lunch tomorrow Monday around 11:30. Want to meet me there?

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Well OK, One more farkle. It only cost me about 8 bucks. Had two keys cut from the Shad pannier lock keys and made pannier knobs for the panniers. Cut the new keys down to the correct height that I wanted and then took two black oil bottle caps and using JB Weld, mounted the keys into the caps. Presto I now have pannier knobs. I can remove the knobs and lock them up in my top box or put them in my pocket when leaving the bike parked somewhere. I did this mod on my NT700 when I owned it. Have done it on all my bikes.

By the way had a good lunch and a great visit with Phil today out at Front Range Airport. We need to get a ride to eat out there this fall/winter.

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It was great to see Chuck and get to "meet" his new ride. The little Versys is a great-looking bike and Chuck has done a good job of farkling it. I had thought it might be a bike that I would be interested in, but, like most "adventure" bikes, it's too tall for me.

BTW, I think the "mechanic-in-a-can" has sorted my engine issues that I was talking about after my Kansas trip. I've only ridden the bike about 240 miles since I got back from Kansas and I had put 5 oz of Seafoam in before I rode it out Ft Morgan and back (113 mile roundtip). It had seemed as if the "missing" and lack of power that I had endured when I was coming back from Wichita, seemed better by the time I got back from Ft Morgan. Today I had added another 3 oz and topped off the tank before I headed to Front Range Airport for my meeting with Chuck. As far as i can tell, the bike was running normally! Yea!!

I had never used Seafoam before. Techron has been my go-to product for engine tuning but Seafoam may have won my loyalty from here on out. Chuck says that all these products are basically diesel fuel mixed with alcohol. I don't know about that and Chuck has proven that he knows way more than I do about all things mechanical. But since I'm always looking for the easy way out, Seafoam will work for me!

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
......and would not go away. So I kept it. Nice little bike with modern amenities. No more kick start, no more carburetors to maintain. I really do like the Versys 300X. Not quite as much dirt oriented as the XT but then I am getting too old for serious off road riding. The Versys is going to be my city bike and dirt road machine. Very easy to ride. Very light clutch and great fuel range 4.5 gal tank with about 65 mpg Got a great deal on a lightly used machine, less than 500 miles on the clock and two year warranty still left. PO only had bike for three months.
I just bought one too. I agree with the comments that it is light, easy to ride, has a very light clutch, and a large gas tank.
The seat is hard but my 32 inch inseam is enough to ride it comfortably.

My only option has been the rear trunck. Such a deal for $100 installed.

I have only driven it 300 miles so far.

Dave

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I sat on a Versys 300 at a Kawasaki dealer and really liked it. I had to force myself to walk out telling myself itself it's too similar to the
CB500X I rode there. The times I've ridden the CB on dirt roads it has done fine, but I think the Versys would be easier to control. Would like to ride to ride them both just to compare.
It's a nice bike that is on my short list of possible future rides.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Been a while since I posted here. Just wanted to update on the "It Just followed me Home" Thread. Not only did the little Versys follow me home last year, this year a Big Versys 1000LT just jumped in the back of my truck one day when I went to Oklahoma. Got a great deal on a new 0 mile left over 2015 Versys 1000LT. Now I have a little baby Versys 300X and a Daddy Versys 1000LT. Also still have my FJR 1300 and the WeeSTrom 650 (DL650) Which is available for sale. If anyone is interested give me a shout.

Attachments

Top Bottom