Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member, New, "old stock" bike from a closing dealers inventory...

My Gallery

Re: New member, New, "old stock" bike from a closing dealers inventory...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonydtiger1971 View Post
    Hi Coyote,

I would have to disagree a little. I use my NT for commuting every day that I can and find it more than powerful enough to get out of the way of most troubles that arise, of course I drop a gear to do it most of the time too.
    Thats because you are young! Us seasoned citizens have slower reaction times. The time to downshift and accelerate on the NT to a safe place over just zoom could make the difference between a flat coyote and an old coyote....LOL!
    But then I have a point and click interface on the FJR. In all seriousness, I have had commutes in my life when I had to work (ick!) that werent clogged with cars fighting for position like on a race track. And the NT would have been fine
    compared to the old Japanese Iron I was riding. It saddens me to think of all the agressive /tired/mean spirited/arragont/distracted drivers out there on the packed interstates...May the force be with you.

› Site Search for: New member, New, "old stock" bike from a closing dealers inventory...
    2010 NT700v, "Spanish Dancer" , 2014 FJR "Red Torpedo"

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rand soper View Post
    I commute every day in 'sunny' Portland and it is FANTASTIC as a commuter! I also tour 3 seasons both 1 and 2 up. Absolutely love it
    Gulp. I better not tell you that I would go 100 miles out of my way to avoid Portland commute traffic. I carry 100 lbs of indispensible equipment (ie junk) when I tour and I think that is about
    the limit for 75 mph cruising in my very own very humble opinion. Once when Frosty and I were on our way to Spearfish, we were doing 75 or so and I tried to open the throttle but I had been
    riding wide open (into a bit of a headwind) for the last 10 miles so there was nothing left in the horsepower tank. Frosty doesnt have a 3 ft tall windscreen and has a lowered NT and an aerodynamic body and has the good sense to not
    carry TWO kitchen sinks. He had power left.
    Still, compared to what I was riding 30,40 and 50 years ago, its a great bike and still is today.

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    I agree, I commute in Nashville traffic daily and I find the NT to be a perfect vehicle for it. Good brakes, acceleration, carrying capacity and excellent weather protection for all season commuting. I much prefer commuting in heavy traffic by motorcycle than by car and i have a pretty good commuter car in my Honda Fit.
    Maybe Nashville has better drivers than the car aimers that inhabit the interstate between Spokane and Coure D'alene. I have more close calls there than riding all the way to Spearfish or down to Reno.....

I almost bought a Fit. It hadnt quite come out yet and I needed a commuter fun car so I bought the Toyota Matrix when you could still get the stick, a sun roof, and a 1.8 liter engine in the same car. I love it. May the force be with you also!

My Gallery

Even though I am now a Wing rider, here's two thoughts.

NT was a great commuter in Houston, TX. Also good traveler for 72,000 miles. Enjoy yours.

I use tinypic.com to host photos.

Keep the shiny side up.

Chuck

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    IBA #54857
    GL1800 Blue "Big Blue"

My Gallery

Congrats on the new bike!
    Dan
    2013 Blue Triumph Trophy
    2011 Triumph Bonneville T100

My Gallery

I use the NT for a 70-mile round trip commute to work, most of it is rural roads with some stoplight action, as I get closer to the Chicago burbs. The NT really works well as a commuter, almost like it was designed for that.

Brad

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck 500 View Post
    Even though I am now a Wing rider, here's two thoughts.

NT was a great commuter in Houston, TX. Also good traveler for 72,000 miles. Enjoy yours.

I use tinypic.com to host photos.

Keep the shiny side up.

Chuck

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    OK, I will look at tinypic too. Thanks

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    Gulp. I better not tell you that I would go 100 miles out of my way to avoid Portland commute traffic. I carry 100 lbs of indispensible equipment (ie junk) when I tour and I think that is about
    the limit for 75 mph cruising in my very own very humble opinion. Once when Frosty and I were on our way to Spearfish, we were doing 75 or so and I tried to open the throttle but I had been
    riding wide open (into a bit of a headwind) for the last 10 miles so there was nothing left in the horsepower tank. Frosty doesnt have a 3 ft tall windscreen and has a lowered NT and an aerodynamic body and has the good sense to not
    carry TWO kitchen sinks. He had power left.
    Still, compared to what I was riding 30,40 and 50 years ago, its a great bike and still is today.
    The first 1/3 of my 40 years riding was in the LA area.... Portland traffic is nothing! On our last trip to Victoria BC, we decided to ride through Seattle and cross the border at Blain, Wa. then take the ferry from Tsawwassen BC. I chose our leave time for 4:30 am which put us in seattle at about 7:30am. On a Wednesday. Yikes!!! Poor planning on my part
    2010 NT700V
    1982 GL500I - Gone but not forgotten

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rand soper View Post
    The first 1/3 of my 40 years riding was in the LA area.... Portland traffic is nothing! On our last trip to Victoria BC, we decided to ride through Seattle and cross the border at Blain, Wa. then take the ferry from Tsawwassen BC. I chose our leave time for 4:30 am which put us in seattle at about 7:30am. On a Wednesday. Yikes!!! Poor planning on my part
    At least you didn't have to ride it every day to get to work...

After 25 years, I got an inside parking pass for work. The trouble was, that if you weren't there at 5:45 am, you didn't have a parking stall to park in. The traffic here is nuts.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT, Ebenezer - 2011 Honda NT700V (Gone, but not forgotten!)
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    I agree, I commute in Nashville traffic daily and I find the NT to be a perfect vehicle for it. Good brakes, acceleration, carrying capacity and excellent weather protection for all season commuting. I much prefer commuting in heavy traffic by motorcycle than by car and i have a pretty good commuter car in my Honda Fit.
    Just went through Nashville today. Got some hot chicken at Hattie B's. Had Princes hot chicken last time. So far I've not been impressed by the heat.
    2010 Silver NT 700, ROX riser, nothing else needed.

+ New Posts
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast