Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProudlyPresents

My Gallery

ProudlyPresents

Привет! Greetings from Moscow, Russian Federation!

My name is Yaroslav, I'm 28 yr old, and I was lucky to acquire a decent 2007 ABS NT700V with only 20k km mileage just 3 days ago!
    There are very few offers at russian market for this top-notch bike, it feels like people around here are barely aware as Deauville even exists.

I've started riding two-wheelers adventitously in 2008 when I saw some local forum advertisement for a tiny ancient scooter Honda Pal. By this moment I was already tired making my everyday commute to work always stuck in traffic jams, just a 12 km route took an hour or even more sometimes which seemed unbearable to me so I immediately used this chance and never supposed it will affect my life in so many ways

I tried some more 49cm scooters in a short period after that and came to conclusion I need something bigger and more reliable, and soon I was a proud YBR125 owner and even collected a full Suomy racing outfit including racing boots, gloves and overalls which I assume now was ridiculous
    That bike intoduced me to a local rider community, I started to learn things a little and microtravel around the city and suburbs
    To my opinion YBR125 was a perfect ride but I just dreamed if it only could be a little faster to feel better in traffic, had a little more grip (YBR wears very narrow tyres) and had a little more storage to carry things. I haven't heard of Deauville - I bet no local resellers imported that model to Russia at that time but now I realize I dreamed of a very similar bike

Then I owned CB750, CB1000, tried all my friends and friends of friends ever had, including CBR1100XX - I was really young and my soul was a bit corrupted with max speed and dynamics so I chased for really powerful things :>
    Time passed and my mind, my views and life goals gradually changed and one day I sold my CB1000 (big one) when I started to feel it brings me more stress than enjoyment in every day ride.
    There were some nice 650 Burgman offers, I chose the best one and was even ready to buy it next day, it looked like it had all the options I ever needed from a bike, it was soft and comfy, had a good wind protection, a lot of storage in the trunk except one - it isn't really a bike, you can't hold with your legs, you can't really use effective engine braking without manual gearbox
    So it was already an appointment for a deal in a few hours but I was sitting in the dark of a night at my computer and looking for something else, what if there is something else on the market, something close to Burgman but not a freaking scooter? And luckily I found a rare ad for a 1998 NTV650 with 89 000 km mileage and I guess it was love from the first sight, because I suddenly repealed my appointment and invested all my savings to buy it next day.

After 5 years in my hands "Oldsdeauville" NT650 has 120 000 km, there was complete engine overhaul at 99 000 km, and also I've changed almost every part of it, hub and rudder bearings, fuel pump, main relay, battery, repaired leaking front fork, replaced two tyre sets, installed music setup, bixenon lense inside stock headlight, repaired (glued) plastic fairing (huge tree branch suddenly fell on my bike while it was parked near the store) and I still never regret this spontaneous choice - it has taught me almost everything, I've rode everywhere in any weather or traffic conditions and I love it as a member of my family.

A new page in my riding life began just 3 days ago and I hope it will last for years.
    So, I'm glad to finally join this community,
    thank you for your attention and sorry for my english!

My Gallery

Re: ProudlyPresents

Welcome along Yaroslav and thank you for telling us your great story. I am sure you will have many great adventures on your NT700 Deauville.

Your english is very good (and much better than my russian).

Seagrass
    Last edited by seagrass; 08-10-2017 at 05:06 AM.
    Current Bikes owned 2007 NT700V, 1982 Honda CX500-TC (Turbo)
    NT700 Only

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Yaroslav, welcome to NT-World! We've got a great Forum and I'm pretty sure you're our first member from Russia. There are lots of friendly and helpful people on our Forum and the NT/Deauville is a great bike.

I started riding in 1997, at about the time my first marriage was coming to an end. The day after my wife moved out, I found an '83 Honda GL650i Silverwing. I had thought I'd be a "cruiser" guy, but the little 'Wing introduced me to traveling longer distances and having luggage on the bike. Just before I remarried, I bought a '99 Kawasaki Concours (in Europe they're called a GTR). I had two of those and rode them a total of 165,000 miles. I'm a lot older than you are (74 now) and I've had six total knee replacements. In 2008, I'd gone to Europe to attend the GTR Club of Europe's Rally and I saw my first Deauville at a Honda dealer in Mannheim, Germany. I was impressed with the bike and when Honda decided to import it to the US in 2010, I traded my 2nd Concours in on the Deauville, or NT700V, as we call it here. Mine's got ABS, an electronic cruise control, and many other modifications (we call them "farkles" here in the States). I've ridden it 117,000 miles, including on my 2013 "Epic Post-Retirement Ride to Alaska, the Four Corners of the United States, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Labrador," an 84-day, 21,000-mile trip that was a lot of fun.

Give us ride reports of some of your trips and post some pictures!

And I agree with Seagrass -- your English is great. Since my Russian is non-existent, you are the one who makes it possible for us to communicate!
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Thank you for your warm greetings!

I've assumed that I may be the youngest and most far located person on the forum
    Also that explains a lot about me: I spend most of my time still not travelling (as I wish I was) but repairing my dated bikes and commuting to work so I can earn some money for it. I hope things will change eventually through my recent acquirement.

If you don't mind an external link, there is a little photoalbum describing my not so big riding history - here I collected for you more bike pics than landscapes, almost all of them are random moments I wanted to seize

Here it is - http://imgur.com/a/7RsC5
    Last edited by ProudlyPresents; 08-10-2017 at 02:26 PM.

My Gallery

Welcome to the forum.
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

My Gallery

Welcome to the NT forum Yaroslav! The NT700 is a great all round bike that should serve you well. Enjoy!
    TIM WILKES
    2010 NT700V "PhaNTom" #1470
    2009 DL650 Wee (Phantom II)
    Vietnam Veterans of America Life Member
    NT Only

My Gallery

I really enjoyed reading your story. Welcome to the forum.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT, Ebenezer - 2011 Honda NT700V (Gone, but not forgotten!)
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

My Gallery

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us

Seagrass

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Great pix! Welcome from Missouri!

Mike
    "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...." Mark Twain

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Great pictures! I really like the ones of the little Yamaha. What happened to the CB750? If you were on it, were you hurt?

How many bikes do you still have? And, finally, where are the mountains? They are beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast