Canada only NC 750 Honda

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wonder if the extra 50 ccs makes a difference.

Dave
According to my favorite motorcycle magazine, "Bike" from the UK, it does. They liked the NC700; they love the NC750 and give it a 10 out of 10 in their ratings. Not very many bikes get that 10.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
According to my favorite motorcycle magazine, "Bike" from the UK, it does. They liked the NC700; they love the NC750 and give it a 10 out of 10 in their ratings. Not very many bikes get that 10.
What I cant figure out is...where did this Canadian get all those cool options???? Does Honda not list options for the country the bikes are sold in????
Check out the belly pan.....

http://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/adventure/nc750xa

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What options are you talking about on the NC750, Chris?

Remember how many options we couldn't get for the NT that were available in the UK? Big lids, the undercowl, built-in fog lights, a stereo among others.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...Does Honda not list options for the country the bikes are sold in?...Chris]

There really is no hard and fast standard other than the Honda winged logo so every distributor can order the bikes they want and in their colors, create their own ads, plus offer certain Honda-approved accessories because they best know their own market. Honda Canada is quite different from American Honda, Honda UK, Honda de Amazonia (Brasil), etc.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
What options are you talking about on the NC750, Chris?

Remember how many options we couldn't get for the NT that were available in the UK? Big lids, the undercowl, built-in fog lights, a stereo among others.
The undercowl in the second link is cool, but oh those panniers!

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
[...Does Honda not list options for the country the bikes are sold in?...Chris]

There really is no hard and fast standard other than the Honda winged logo so every distributor can order the bikes they want and in their colors, create their own ads, plus offer certain Honda-approved accessories because they best know their own market. Honda Canada is quite different from American Honda, Honda UK, Honda de Amazonia (Brasil), etc.
Wow...I guess so!!!!! And those wonderful Panniers arent listed anywhere in the main site. If I would have known I could get big lids, I would have purchased the NT a year earlier.....thanks to this forum, I found out about them. I wonder how many bikes Honda missed selling cause of poor option offers. Harley it seems offers many options.
The Honda VFR800 is a wonderful bike but went over like a lead ballon. For $10,800. Now dealers are trying to sell them for $8000. Look at the options. Minimul. If them offered a full touring package with panniers, center stand, real bar risers or better yet wide range ajustable handlebars, real wind screen, etc, I would have been all over it....but the bike as sold was too narrow focus.....
http://powersports.honda.com/2015/interceptor/accessories.aspx

Now go back and look at that Canadian NC750 with nice matching panniers, wind screen, center stand, etc. Set up the VHF 800 like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
If you like the VFR's motor, you will love the Crossrunner. Maybe it will make it to America in the future?

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/adventure/crossrunner-2015/overview.html
AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH! I cant stand it! The Brits get the full VFR800 touring assessories brochure with packages! Real 29 lt. Panniers! Is there no justice in the world?
http://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/brochures/motorcycles/Accessories/HUK MC HGA VFR800F 1115.pdf

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Or move to New Zealand and get a cool looking blue one.

http://www.hondamotorbikes.co.nz/bikes/nc750x/

I have a US market 700 DCT.
I wonder if the extra 50 ccs makes a difference.

Dave
Looks like NZ is in the same boat as the US...no assessory catalogue for their bikes? Why go to the trouble of making the accessories and then not selling them to large countries?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The NC700 in X and S versions sold well in Europe and Japan because of their much higher fuel prices. Here, people are amazed when you tell them your NC regularly gets 60-70 MPG but its not enough for them to go and buy an NC700X.

Some of the accessories are "locally sourced" so the currency exchange gets complicated and expensive because the Mother Ship (Japan) gets her cut. Some of the accessories for my NT700V were made in former Soviet Bloc countries but initially went to Honda UK first before coming to American Honda so that added even more to the retail price here.

In ref to your comment about accessories in NZ, my guess is that they go through Australia and the local NZ people probably decided against ordering them. If you order accessories and they don't sell, you essentially eat it because there is no way to return them - it's not like Costco! I know that initially Australia didn't order any NC700Xs. Those two countries and another smaller island (?) are part of Honda Oceania.

One thing to keep in mind is the reality that Honda Ltd (Japan) sells fewer than 2% of her motorcycles in the US. The 2% figure is from a long time ago but if anything, it has grown even smaller as our riding population ages while the number of 15-25 year old riders in other countries is HUGE and still growing. India, SE Asia, and Brasil are the biggies for Honda motorcycle/scooter sales.

Last edited:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
One thing to keep in mind is the reality that Honda Ltd (Japan) sells fewer than 2% of her motorcycles in the US. The 2% figure is from a long time ago but if anything, it has grown even smaller as our riding population ages while the number of 15-25 year old riders in other countries is HUGE and still growing. India, SE Asia, and Brasil are the biggies for Honda motorcycle/scooter sales.
I saw .6% for North America motorcycle sales in one of their recent annual reports. Europe was around 4% if I remember correctly. Honda is definitely betting on "Third World" sales....

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Third world sales are good for volume but not for profit. Most of those sales are small inexpensive scooters and motorcycles. Unit volume in the US may be small but I would guess being that they are far larger machines the profits will be much higher. Still since the crash in 2008 sales in the US are 1/2 what they were at the peak and they will probably never return. The US market for many things is not what it once was including for large US based companies who all have the word Global in their sales plans.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...Third world sales are good for volume but not for profit. Most of those sales are small inexpensive scooters and motorcycles...]

Yes and No. There is more profit-per-unit in a Gold Wing or VRF1200 but if you only sell 100 of each per year plus you have to stock a boatload of parts, it doesn't amount to much money. Making only $100 on a each scooter but selling 700,000+ of them each year comes to a nice pile of change, plus they have only simple parts to keep in stock. :)

ps. In ref to parts, "in stock" means at the distributorship - not at your local dealer because they don't stock anything! :-(

Last edited:

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
ps. In ref to parts, "in stock" means at the distributorship - not at your local dealer because they don't stock anything! :-(
Sadly true. We have 3 Honda dealerships in Spokane. If you lose a bolt or screw, they have to special order it. :(
One dealer told me that all of their orders go in on Friday. :shrug2:
I wonder what the techs do if they drop a screw/bolt?

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The NC700 in X and S versions sold well in Europe and Japan because of their much higher fuel prices. Here, people are amazed when you tell them your NC regularly gets 60-70 MPG but its not enough for them to go and buy an NC700X.

Some of the accessories are "locally sourced" so the currency exchange gets complicated and expensive because the Mother Ship (Japan) gets her cut. Some of the accessories for my NT700V were made in former Soviet Bloc countries but initially went to Honda UK first before coming to American Honda so that added even more to the retail price here.

In ref to your comment about accessories in NZ, my guess is that they go through Australia and the local NZ people probably decided against ordering them. If you order accessories and they don't sell, you essentially eat it because there is no way to return them - it's not like Costco! I know that initially Australia didn't order any NC700Xs. Those two countries and another smaller island (?) are part of Honda Oceania.

I hear you but I can buy a dodah from China and have it shipped for like nothin' to my door from China. All I am asking in the 21st century is that Honda lets me know I can buy big lids for my NT and I just have to click on Honda of Bournmouth website to do it.
Maybe one of the reasons Honda isnt selling bikes is their refusal to help buyers customize their bikes. I agree that Honda sells a boatload of scooters to third world countries but the profit margin is low.....BMW will help me out to customize an F700.

Top Bottom