Lowered the NT

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've done three of them, one for myself and two for friends. I measured the seat height on mine and from the standard height 31.7" it dropped to around 30.4-30.5." Anyhow, it's way more than an inch!

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Oldtimer, I wish I could give you an answer. I would guess that it was right at 1 inch. The forks have been slid up in the triple clamp for about that much and I can't tell any difference int the bike's handling. I had had Motorcycle Larry's peg lowerers on the bike before lowering the whole bike and took those off after it was lowered. The dealer who did the work of lowering it told me that the I needed to be extra-careful since the bike's handling would be changed by a lot. I can't think of anything that would make that statement true and I sure haven't experienced any change. I worried about not having as much lean angle, but it seems that taking the peg lowerers off raised the pegs (as well as moving them back closer to the bike's centerline) gave me back more than I lost. I still drag a peg every now and then, but I'm definitely leaning more when that happens. You'll definitely need to shorten the side stand. I wish I had been able to shorten the centerstand, but I doubt if I could get the bike onto the centerstand these days even if I had.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
At least to me, the only downside of lowering my NT was occasionally getting my boots too close to the blacktop in a curve but otherwise it didn't change the handling characteristics.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
After I lowered mine and took off the Motorcycle Larry peg lowerers, I don't think I drag a boot any more than I ever did.

Top Bottom