[Review] Skidmarx Lower Cowl Review

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Post a picture after you get it installed and we'll let you know if it's acceptable. :)

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
9am

2pm

5 hours may seem a long time but I took an hour for lunch at noon. It was a bit fiddly in places but I took my time and got there in the end.

However I now have major bike lift envy as I must have got up and down off the ground 20 times or more.

I'm very pleased with the finish as it is straight out of the box it's an acceptable match to the rest of the bike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
IMHO that looks much better than the plastic OEM unit. :smile: But I'm prejudiced...:rolleyes1: I hope you got really serious on the heat control as the junk that came with mine was virtually useless. But since you don't have to deal with the 100˚F days very often you may not see the issues I had in Hotlanta...

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
Yes I had to laugh at the stuff they sent me, I have used tougher stuff to wrap baked potatoes on the barbecue. I had already bought 2 square feet of some really tough stuff from a motorsports store that claims to be able to withstand radiant heat of 1800 degrees and have got it all fixed anywhere that comes near the pipes. Hopefully that will do the job.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks good! But I have to say it looks really strange to see small pannier lids that say "Deauville" instead of "NT700V." :)

Top Bottom