North Cascades National Park to Mt Baker's Artist Point

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing pictures.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Thanks to Daboo for the guided tours and the excellent photos. It was a wonderful trip. The camping, weather and company were great. We camped at Diablo Lake in the middle of the North Cascades Highway (20). Scenic and twisty in either direction.
Daboo did such a great job with the scenery photos, I thought that I would add a couple of bikes and riders.

Chrises (?), Coyote and Daboo up the mountain.

Mt Baker A.jpg
Mt Baker B.jpg
Salute to Daboo for the great pics.

Mt Baker C.jpg

Great day at the end of the Mt Baker road.

Mt Baker D.jpg

Last edited:

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks to Daboo and Frosty for a great trip! I have some embarrassing pics of Frosty and I that I will have to figure out how to post. Frosty, how do you post yours? I an send you mine to post here. Great pics Daboo!
We really hit the weather just at the right time, had great camping and great company...lots of fun.....will send pics to Daboo as well as Frosty.
Chris

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Posting some of Coyote's pictures.
Camp site, Colonial Creek campground on Diablo Lake, North Cascades highway (20)

Base Camp 2.jpg
Chris, clearly depressed because he misses going to work on a Wednesday.

Chris Mt Shuksan.jpg
Frosty and Daboo, also depressed because we miss working on Wednesday morning.

Joe and Daboo.jpg
Mt Baker

Mt  Baker 2.JPG
Mt Shuksan

Mt  Shuksan.jpg
North Cascade Mts at the end on the road, but start of hiking trails.

North Cascades at Mt B.jpg

Attachments

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks to Daboo for the guided tours and the excellent photos. It was a wonderful trip. The camping, weather and company were great. We camped at Diablo Lake in the middle of the North Cascades Highway (20). Scenic and twisty in either direction.
Daboo did such a great job with the scenery photos, I thought that I would add a couple of bikes and riders.

Chrises (?), Coyote and Daboo up the mountain.

Mt Baker A.jpg
Mt Baker B.jpg
Salute to Daboo for the great pics.

Mt Baker C.jpg

Great day at the end of the Mt Baker road.

Mt Baker D.jpg
Frosty, what megapixal is your camera? The pics look slightly out of focus.....

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
So on Tuesday, Coyote Chris (the dry Chris), Frosty and myself (the wet Chris) met up at Colonial Creek Campground in the North Cascades National Park. The plan was to meet there. Camp overnight and depart for Artist Point on Wednesday.

Got a late start for myself and rolled into the adjacent campsite a short time after Chris and Joe showed up. After dinner was over, I wanted to check out the lighting on the Washington Pass Overlook (on the opposite side of the park) and Liberty Bell mountain.

The pics with the time stamp in the lower right corner are taken with my Sena 10C Bluetooth and camera. They can look a bit distorted at times.

So here's what it looked like with the sun coming down on the way over to the Washington Pass Overlook.

The next morning, we headed out to Sedro-Wooley for breakfast at the Iron Skillet...known according to the sign on the front for it's good food and lousy service. Or was it lousy food and good service?

After a good breakfast with great food and great service, we headed off to Artist Point.

Chris on the left and Frosty in the middle with Mt Shuksan behind them.

This is a shot of Upper Bagley Lake. Normally, the tiny little pond in the background in the cirque is full of water when I see it. That day...well, we haven't had much rain in quite awhile and it shows.

From a couple years ago.

Frosty in the parking lot below Artist Point.

Mt Baker was a little clouded in.

View attachment 12608

Chris
Incidently, the pics of Frosty and I wearing our helmets shows a problem I am having. When I put on a full face helmet like Frosty wears, I loose a whole bunch of peripherial vision. I feel like I am looking through a tunnel. Any ideas? I would like a nice modular full face helmet but not at the expense of loosing vision.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chris, I got a new Schuberth C3-Pro before I went to Nebraska for the eclipse. I'm aware of the edge of the visor opening, but it's at the very edge of my peripheral vision and doesn't give me a sense of being in a tunnel. I think it's got more peripheral vision than any helmet I've had.

Since the night I crashed my first Concours back in '06 and destroyed a 2-week-old Nolan, I've been convinced I woudn't ride with a helmet that didn't have a chin bar. I wouldn't have a face without that helmet. I probably wouldn't be alive if I hadn't been wearing it.

My ex-wife and her partner crashed their GL1200 Goldwing three days after our divorce was final back in '98. They had matching open face helmets and it was a miracle neither of them had any facial injuries. Both sides and the back of both helmets were deeply damaged, but somehow their chins didn't hit the pavement.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Chris, I got a new Schuberth C3-Pro before I went to Nebraska for the eclipse. I'm aware of the edge of the visor opening, but it's at the very edge of my peripheral vision and doesn't give me a sense of being in a tunnel. I think it's got more peripheral vision than any helmet I've had.

Since the night I crashed my first Concours back in '06 and destroyed a 2-week-old Nolan, I've been convinced I woudn't ride with a helmet that didn't have a chin bar. I wouldn't have a face without that helmet. I probably wouldn't be alive if I hadn't been wearing it.

My ex-wife and her partner crashed their GL1200 Goldwing three days after our divorce was final back in '98. They had matching open face helmets and it was a miracle neither of them had any facial injuries. Both sides and the back of both helmets were deeply damaged, but somehow their chins didn't hit the pavement.
I hear ya, big guy. And maybe I just need to try more helmets. The last dealer didnt have a XXXlarge in a scropion so it was small anyway. Right now I will trade the safety of a helmet that I can actually hear sirens with and have vision against one that makes me seem to be under water with poor side vision....but there might be a helmet out there with my name on it.
http://www.motolegends.com/helmets/schuberth-c3-pro-helmet-white.html

Top Bottom