V-Rod is Dead

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Harley has announced that there will be no 2018 V-Rod. Not that anyone really cares.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I never really got excited about the V-Rod. I've had Sportster's, Dyna's and Ultra's but the to me the V-Rod wasn't a "Harley" and it wasn't as good as other power cruisers like the V-Max. The only V-Rod I ever seriously considered was a custom that had a Road Glide fairing and hard saddle bags. It was very well done, it looked like factory work, and it would have worked for me. But it was waaaay over priced for what it was....

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
That doesn't surprise anyone Warren.
Harley is paying some serious attention to how to improve profitability just like a lot of other companies these days.
Harley's "good old days" have passed.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I suspect the motorcycle industry in general has seen the "good old days" pass. Niche manufacturers, like H-D, Triumph, BMW, any Italian brand, will feel the passing the worst.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
One could surmise that manufacturers that ignore the youth market and young adult riders won't have much of a future but I've been wrong before!

There are all indications that motorcycling in general - all the established brands - will continue on a fairly steady decline but it's difficult to say what will come from manufacturers in China and India. They might come up with something really priced low and get young people involved.

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setti
There are all indications that motorcycling in general - all the established brands - will continue on a fairly steady decline but it's difficult to say what will come from manufacturers in China and India. They might come up with something really priced low and get young people involved.
You are probably correct. That is how Honda got into the US market: they offered a low cost product and advertised it toward young people.

Dave

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I think if you replace the handle bars with a text screen to control the motorcycle you have the snowflakes.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yup! It's not price that's keeping the young'uns away. They would rather stay cocooned in a climate controlled atmosphere and diddle with their cell phones which cost something north of $800.00!

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I think back to the 60's when every guy I knew wanted a motorcycle. Today if you talk to ask a young person today, motorcycles are not even on the radar. Ask a young guy about which hybrid car is best and they will know. NASCAR, NFL, etc. are all worried about how to make the money keep rolling in. Just give them a phone and an app, and they will walk in front of a bus.
Just to clarify, I meant they would be obvious to the world around them.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
And the human race will go extinct.

Hopefully, before they reproduce.
At least if some of you guys are good prophets.

But then again, as far back as the ancient Greeks (and no doubt even before that) the younger generation has been going to hell in a handbasket.

Oh, well...

Top Bottom