Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Value?

gr8bond007
    My Gallery

Re: Value?

I agree with you, Phil...I am very satisfied with NT700 and how it gives me the mileage I long for, comfortable ride and the dependability of Honda.

2010 NT700VA silver, purchased new 7/2015.
    Previous rides, Suzuki Burgman 650 super-scooter (2005-2013), Honda Hawk 650 GT (NT650, 2003-2005)

My Gallery

[...at the MSTA Rally, I never felt the opportunity to make the kind of lasting friends I've made at Spearfish. Most of the folks there seemed to have already made their friendships and groups were hard to get into for a newbie...Phil]

That is a general statement that could apply to any motorcycle gathering with hundreds of attendees. The MSTA is aware of that problem and has tried various ploys but I can't say any of them were 100% or even 50% effective. From my own perspective, I worry about a newbie coming into our little group - will they be too fast, too slow, follow too closely, want to ride too far between pit stops, etc. I've ridden with my close pals since the late-90s, both here and abroad.

At someplace like Spearfish, it's easy to forge the bonds of friendship because I imagine it's a laid back atmosphere - similar to our WV NT Gathering - with some riders staying up all hours while yakking around a fire. Just in talking, you can better understand and start to trust someone who was a complete stranger a day ago.

Hey Phil - at least I talked to you during the lunch ride stop! :-)

ps. Sorry for hi-jacking the topic. OK, now back to "Values."
    Last edited by DirtFlier; 02-13-2018 at 12:33 PM.

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Miairhead View Post
    I really like ads where they list "vested $xx,xxx" in some object they are trying to sell. I sure hope when I invest it would be I don't say I invested this much and know it worth one 1/3rd of my investment.
    Well - I suggest that you never buy a new motorcycle as an "investment" (unless it is a rare limited edition and highly collectible model).

Lightly used motorcycles that are just a few years old are available at a fraction of the original purchase price. That fraction may be 1/3rd.....or 1/2....sort of depends on the bike, how old it is, how well it was taken care of, and the market where you live.

The market for used motorcycles on Craigslist in the Cincinnati area currently has 1,443 listings.....take your pick.
    https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/search/mca

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpn View Post
    The market for used motorcycles on Craigslist in the Cincinnati area currently has 1,443 listings.....take your pick.
    https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/search/mca
    These prices are not much more than So Cal, Los Angeles pricing. There's always someone on Craigslist thinking that they have a super rare model asking a lunatic's amount for it. Sorry that you guy have those Cafe Racers done by kids asking a king's ransom for it out there too. These fools are killing the vintage motorcycle market and giving us that garbage that cannot be rescued.
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie, 2013 NC700X - NaNCy, & 1987 XL600R - Megas

My Gallery

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by hk9151 View Post
    Interesting that the ABS version with a bunch fewer miles is selling for the same price as the non-ABS version.

Maybe that's because neither of them is selling.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

For the small amount I'd get for my NT, I'm going to keep it. It does well on long trips, returns great gas mileage and is troublefree!

+ New Posts
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345