Thread: Value?

My Gallery

Value?

So what are our beloved NTs worth now? Have they become worthless? Are people still interested in them? I ride mine as often as I can and still love it. At some point I may consider selling it to go to a sports car but I'm not there yet. Any thoughts on this subject? Mine is a '10 NT700V non ABS with about 21000 miles. Heli Bar riser and hand protectors and a Honda top box.

› Site Search for: Value?

My Gallery

Re: Value?

Short answer - not much. But "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

Kelly Blue Book and NADA values them from about $4,000 to $6,500.
    There are about 100 of them advertised on Cycle Trader for sale for between $3,500 to $6,500.
    eBay auctions have them for sale and most sell for between $2,000 and $3,000.
    eBay has quite a few that don't meet minimum sale price so they don't sell.

It took me 5 months to sell my 2011 ABS, pretty well set up, for $3,000

My Gallery

Like most 8 year old motorcycles the NT isn't worth a lot on the open market. You can check the value on KBB.com, your Trade In value is ~$3,300, See Here. ABS adds $300 to that value. Add on farkles add $0 at a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by nyst100 View Post
    At some point I may consider selling it to go to a sports car but I'm not there yet. Any thoughts on this subject?
    Yes, been there done that... While I still have my FJ1200 it is off the road now while being restored. So for play time we have a 2017 Mustang convertible... All the fun of a motorcycle, at least to me, with none of the hassles.
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

You can fit a Miata and your NT in a normal garage space. Both with minimal insurance and low cost you can afford both. Life is short, enjoy.
    Karl
    2010 ABS "Jezabell"

My Gallery

I just sold my nicely farkled 2010 non-ABS NT for $3,500. Great motorcycle, looking for a more nimble, light, sporty machine. As I get older I am more and more sensitive about the weight of the bike.

Contenders? A Street Triple (about 400 lbs), an FZ6r, an SV650 (2013 BLACK Gladius), DR 650, NC700X, CB500X or F, perhaps even that new Kawasaki Versys 300-X.

I had a test ride on a CB1100 (2013 standard)-has a very low COG and handles like a sport bike compared to the NT. 46 lbs lighter than the NT, but the bulkiest of the contenders mentioned above.

My Gallery

I noticed at the weekend that my old NT was still up for sale at my local Honda dealer for 300 less than he gave me as a trade-in value. It's been there since 1st July and I don't expect it to move any time soon now it's getting colder & wetter.

IMHO he is asking too much (and I still can't believe he gave me that much as a trade!)

http://www.kent-motorcycles.co.uk/used/aj06udu
    Last edited by gbrand42; 10-11-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    Black 2006 NT700VA-6 (Betty)
    Red 2017 VFR800X (Wilma)

+ New Posts