Stay Tuned Honda Oct Announcement

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
not a peep from Honda......my guess is that the engraver misspelled my name on the gold plate that they wanted to put on the new Wing they're giving me so I'll hear from them as soon as that minor error is corrected.
Can't hardly wait for the rise of the "Great Pumpkin" either!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...Bring the NT into USA was a fluke, Honda surely already killed it before they imported....]

The NT650 and NT700 sold in great numbers in the UK and Europe for many years so it was a successful bike across the pond. I recall reading that one of the NTs was THE most popular Honda in England at one time. At least in ref to the USA, the extremely high retail price turned off many potential buyers.

In a way it reminds me of what happened to the PC800 - way overpriced at the start then becomes a cult favorite years later. I also owned a PC800 as did a few others in this group. :)

Last edited:
Bike
2010 NT700, silver
I got a reply from Honda today....I didn't save a copy of my letter to them but it basically pointed out that the people who are most likely to buy a Wing happen to be a little older and perhaps a little larger and that the Wing's load capacity was pretty low for such a large machine...here's their response;

"Thank you for submitting your letter to American Honda Powersports Customer Support regarding marketing suggestions for model load capacity. We understand you would like to see the product feature of load capacity raised. We will certainly forward your comments to our appropriate department. If you have any further comments/questions, feel free to contact us at any of the convenient methods above. Thank you.

Sincerely,

American Honda........

I guess I'm not getting a free Wing with a gold owners plate on it after all....

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I am sure the "appropriate department" they are referring to is the one in charge of emptying the circular files :)

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I thought that I'd mention that I was involved in two study groups at Honda for the development of the new Goldwing over 2 years ago. I also got to ride the prototype on their proving grounds out in the Mojave desert. The prototype was the 7-speed DCT and had the walk asstist option mentioned in their promo video.

Top Bottom