A Down-Under 83rd Birthday Ride

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Forum Member charlie sent me this report of his birthday ride:

What better way to celebrate the day of becoming 83 years young than by a ride on my Deauville with our motor cycling group. I am confident that my Deauville will be just as reliable when my 90 years celebration arises.

I am just a youngster, as in our group as we have an 87 year old, semi retired Anglican Minister. He made his first parachute jump recently. Phil Tarman may explain what attracts the Clergy to our motorcycle fraternity! Me, being a Scotsman, am always concerned that they may decide to "take up a collection”!!

My wife of 58 years, and I, set off in a few days time to travel on the GHAN rail from Adelaide to Darwin, approx. 3,000 kms. Tour that part of the Northern Territory, then fly to Perth in Western Australia, (last there on our honeymoon in1968) tour there, then travel to Sydney on the INDIAN PACIFIC rail, approx. 4,500 kms. We then return to our home at Tamworth, which is in the New England region of New South Wales and 400kms n/w of Sydney.

C. (David) Davie, "Charlie"

BTW, I can't explain why old, semi-retired, sky-diving Anglican priests would be any more attracted to NTs than any other old semi-retired clergy or even just old, semi-retired folks of any other professional background. Just smart, I guess. :shrug2: :rofl1:

The picture below shows Charlie on his NT.

Attachments

tawilke46

Good on him! And his wife!
I hope I (we, Linda and I), can do the same in 12 years.

And I like the color of his NT!

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Wow, I'm humbled. I guess I'm not "old", even though some days I feel that way. And I do some dumb things that old people do. But i'm happy to be able to ride my motorcycle and hope to continue. I plan to ride up to Superior tomorrow to a follow-up check with my Dr. even though it will be in the 40's when I leave.

Phil, I guess we've got a ways to go to catch up with Charlie.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Phil, I guess we've got a ways to go to catch up with Charlie.
I guess not ... but I'm only 9 years behind him and 13 years behind his retired Anglican friend. There was something I saw today about a 101-yr-old Englishman who is still riding a scooter.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I just wanna say that I am proud of you old farts!

Mike

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I remember him ... and miss him. His last post was in July of '14.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I remember him ... and miss him. His last post was in July of '14.
Maybe the ladies at the home overpowered him and <ahem> "had their way" with him and the ol' ticker couldn't take it..... I'm just sayin'.....

Mike

Top Bottom