Need to scrap my NT

Bike
Silver 2010 NT700VAA
Hello, all!

My NT was involved in an accident and I want to junk it. It has a clean title. I can ride it a short distance, but I plan to remove the tag tomorrow. I'm in Baltimore, Maryland. Does anyone know where I can junk it? Maybe someone would want it for parts. I'll sign it over to anyone for free if it is removed. The sooner, the better.
DSC00710.jpg
DSC00711.jpg
DSC00713.jpg
DSC00713.jpg
DSC00715.jpg
DSC00715.jpg
DSC00716.jpg
DSC00717.jpg
DSC00718.jpg
DSC00719.jpg
DSC00720.jpg
DSC00722.jpg
DSC00723.jpg
DSC00724.jpg
DSC00725.jpg

Last edited:

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Sorry to hear of the accident, I hope there were no injuries.

You are making a generous offer and I hope someone can take advantage of it. Parting out a motorcycle is a lot of work, but may be worth the effort depending on a person's need. On behalf of other forum members thank you for your offer.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am sure George will love having the parts.....very nice offer and I would do the same. George, are you selling the rear end to Phil?
(Parting out a bike on ebay is lots of work but there is profit to be made if one has the time and inclination. I dont. )

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Sorry to hear about your accident, but, like others, I'm really glad you're OK. And, regardless of what Chris thinks, I don't think I'm going to need another rear end for my bike. (Knock on wood!)

bicyclist

I am sure George will love having the parts.....
I decided not to proceed, so it's up for grabs. I've been working on downsizing and dragging home another motorcycle would be counterproductive. I'd like to have spares, but I don't need anything yet and may not for some time. I don't really have storage space. Besides, I can't ask my wife to get rid of her crap when I'm adding to my crap.

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
"I can't ask my wife to get rid of her crap when I'm adding to my crap."

Sure you can! It's easy....live dangerously....go ahead and try it, trust me, you'll have lots of fun.......then let all of us know how it worked out for ya!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
"I can't ask my wife to get rid of her crap when I'm adding to my crap."

Sure you can! It's easy....live dangerously....go ahead and try it, trust me, you'll have lots of fun.......then let all of us know how it worked out for ya!
Just hide YOUR crap behind the vacumn cleaner...she will never find it!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Sorry to hear about your accident, but, like others, I'm really glad you're OK. And, regardless of what Chris thinks, I don't think I'm going to need another rear end for my bike. (Knock on wood!)
Phil, you NEED to pay for this bike to be put on a truck to your house......! :rofl1:
Its pretty sad when one cant even give a bike away.....if no one wants it, I would put up a notice at my nearest Honda dealer.....

OP
OP
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700VAA
I am at home recovering from the accident and have not not been keeping up with computer stuff nor email. The frame does not appear to be bent, but this part is broken http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-HONDA-NT-700-V-TOURING-2010-OEM-SIDE-FOOTPEG-FOOT-PEG-MOUNT-BRACKET-A-/132027423547?hash=item1ebd729b3b:g:GdgAAOSw44BYSD7M&vxp=mtr
The right side foot peg mount is broken and prevents rear brake application. Radiator has been pierced. Much of the plastic stuff up front is broken, but the headlight is not. All controls work. Handlebars are bent and steering is way off to the right. I can take some pictures of the bike and post them later tonight or tomorrow. This bike is a good candidate for a custom bike job. I may do that if I don't dispose of it.

OP
OP
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700VAA
I am at home recovering from the accident and have not not been keeping up with computer stuff nor email. The frame does not appear to be bent, but this part is broken http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-HONDA-NT-700-V-TOURING-2010-OEM-SIDE-FOOTPEG-FOOT-PEG-MOUNT-BRACKET-A-/132027423547?hash=item1ebd729b3b:g:GdgAAOSw44BYSD7M&vxp=mtr
The right side foot peg mount is broken and prevents rear brake application. Radiator has been pierced. Much of the plastic stuff up front is broken, but the headlight is not. All controls work. Handlebars are bent and steering is way off to the right. I can take some pictures of the bike and post them later tonight or tomorrow. This bike is a good candidate for a custom bike job. I may do that if I don't dispose of it.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I decided not to proceed, so it's up for grabs. I've been working on downsizing and dragging home another motorcycle would be counterproductive. I'd like to have spares, but I don't need anything yet and may not for some time. I don't really have storage space. Besides, I can't ask my wife to get rid of her crap when I'm adding to my crap.
Go ahead.... bring it home.... show her who's boss!! What are you, a man or a mouse?

Mike
(ducking and running)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chris who does the vaccuming....
I'm another guy who does the vacuuming. I have the possibly unique situation of being married and having been married to two women who never met each other until after I'd divorced the first one and was engaged to the second (and current) one. Both had had hysterectomies performed by the same doctor about two years apart. Both had been told by that doc that they shouldn't vacuum after their surgeries and he didn't say, "You shouldn't vacuum for six months" or "a year." Both have interpreted his statement to mean that they shouldn't vacuum again. Ever. Period.

If I ever see that guy again, I've got a question or two for him!

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
I sent you another PM this morning...my computer is acting very strange so I hope the message went through. It did show up in my sent message file.
Regards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom