Delkevic exhaust 17" for nt700v anyone using?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I have the HONDA NT700V DEAUVILLE 06-15 17" TRI-OVAL exhaust on my bike. I got it for 2 reasons. 1. It is two piece so now removing rear wheel is a breeze, and 2. No cat, so lighter and much less residual heat into the plastic saddle bag. As a side benefit, the bike sounds better!

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I have the HONDA NT700V DEAUVILLE 06-15 17" TRI-OVAL exhaust on my bike. I got it for 2 reasons. 1. It is two piece so now removing rear wheel is a breeze, and 2. No cat, so lighter and much less residual heat into the plastic saddle bag. As a side benefit, the bike sounds better!
Are you still using the O2 sensor?

Mike

OP
OP
Bike
2010 maroon nt700v
Thanks for your responses. I received my delkevic 17" tri oval exhaust yesterday and installed it today. It's less than half the weight of the stock unit and looks and sounds good. Not loud but distinctive. Seems to Rev quicker also. Can't beat the price either $219.95 for everything including shipping. Really like so far.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I am considering this exhaust system as well. I cannot seem to find any decent pictures showing it is installed and how it looks on the bike.

Also, I would like to know if that any of you that have this unit installed seen any improvements in performance or MPG?

I have read these posts and many others that mention of the stock exhaust is a pain to deal with when replacing the rear tire. I saw a video of this procedure and find it to be appalling.

Any detailed images showing this exhaust system would be greatly appreciated and will help me with making this decision to go this route.

Thank you in advance. :pray1:

Bike
NT700va
I recently purchased and install one of these on my NT and offer the following and question for all you experts:
1. Use 2" straight drop-down bracket supplied for rear bolt, also rubber gsk
2. No instructions supplied, you are on your own
3. Sound is louder than what you hear from YouTube video. A little louder. Sound is ok but could be a little quieter. Personal call
4. Quality and fit very good.
5. O2 Sensor- brass plug supplied. Question now is plug or not, leave O2 in and disconnect harness, or buy adapter plug sold in UK that
tricks the system into believing there is no O2 ( close loop?}

Bike appears to run slightly better but that may be more bias than fact. Of course it is easier to take off than factory one piece unit
Any experienced advice appreciated

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
5. O2 Sensor- brass plug supplied. Question now is plug or not, leave O2 in and disconnect harness, or buy adapter plug sold in UK that
Are there any advantages to removing the O2 sensor? Since your pipe has a place for it I would use it and let it feed info to the computer. I'm certainly no expert on how much the computer uses the O2 info but I would have to think you would be better off with it than without it.

Brad

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Are there any advantages to removing the O2 sensor? Since your pipe has a place for it I would use it and let it feed info to the computer. I'm certainly no expert on how much the computer uses the O2 info but I would have to think you would be better off with it than without it.

Brad
I'd have to agree with Brad on this one. I am an Electro-Mechanical Engineer and is best to let the ECU receive the data back from the O² Sensor. That way it will be a "Closed Loop" system, not an "Open Loop" System you are suggesting using the sensor eliminator. The sensor eliminator will only being sending a fixed data stream to have the ECU supply a fixed fuel/air mixture and will no be dymanic based on engine demand changes. Thus turning a Dynamic system (Closed Loop) into a Static system (Open Loop).

I put out a request to owners using this exhaust system and I have not heard back from any of them. Please refer to post #7 and see if you can supply me with any information that I am seeking regarding this system. I am seriously looking at getting one. I would greatly appreipate your feedback to help me determine if I should get one of these.

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I don't believe many members on this forum have added this exhaust which is why you are not getting any responses. Its probably something more commonly used in Europe. You might want to check on the UK NT forum to see what they think of the system.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
I recently purchased and install one of these on my NT and offer the following and question for all you experts:
1. Use 2" straight drop-down bracket supplied for rear bolt, also rubber gsk
2. No instructions supplied, you are on your own
3. Sound is louder than what you hear from YouTube video. A little louder. Sound is ok but could be a little quieter. Personal call
4. Quality and fit very good.

Bike appears to run slightly better but that may be more bias than fact. Of course it is easier to take off than factory one piece unit
Any experienced advice appreciated
[video=youtube;1wOsOPR3iJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wOsOPR3iJA[/video]

If this is the video you were referring to from YouTube. Then I do not like the sound of how it makes this bike sound.

Let me know if your bike sounds a lot like this one. That will be plenty enough information for me to make my decision regarding getting this exhaust.

Last edited:
Bike
NT700va
Billot: The sound is like the above video. Note the general level is about 35% louder than stock. Video is not a good gage of loudness. I have sent an email to the USA reps with my O2 questions and they said they would forward it to the engineer in UK for assistance. I will post to forum as soon as I get any reply. I understand where the comments are coming from but offer the following:

1. Plug pipe and run with harness attached to O2 wrapped to frame.
2. This would result in a non closed loop BUT sensor would transmit a oxygen max ambient condition and computer would not make lean adjustments. If sensor was installed, computer would sense a gas.CO2 mixture and call for a leaner condition - there would be no catalytic converter in front to clean some of the mixture. Leaner signals would cause engine to run somewhat hotter and slower.
3. If UK adapter were plugged into end of harness I suspect it would signal an closed loop and that would mean ?? Maybe limp home mode or bring up problem signal on dash?

I thought of going back to Pacific Coast days and read up on how that system worked but all tech stuff went with bike when I sold it. General Honda Common Service Manual does not help. Anyone test for voltage between harness sockets to see if some current is running to it? Of much free advice I have also heard sensor need some heat to transmit effectively. I know of 2 others that have put this setup in and they are curious as to answer. Now, I am going to recharge brain cells with some Lone Star beer and work on old parachute gear for inspiration.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Billot: The sound is like the above video. Note the general level is about 35% louder than stock.
Thank you. You gave me the missing bit of information I was looking for. I am not looking for louder, so I will have to pass on these then.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Is part of the catalytic converter in front of the O2 sensor? There isn't much space there for much catalyst.
I assumed it was all located aft of the sensor. That would be how it is on cars and pickups I think also.

Brad

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I for one, don't like the sound as it is presented on the video. I also would recommend against bypassing the O2 sensor or trying to fool the system with a patch. The O2 sensor is there for a reason and as long as the new exhaust system allows the use of the O2 sensor, why do away with it? I have witnessed melted pistons from overly lean conditions and other damage from overly rich conditions. Why take a chance?

Mike

Bike
2006 Black NT700V ABS
I have heard a couple of NT700V's in the UK with the Delkevic system fitted and can confirm that they are noticeably louder, enough for me to form the opinion that it was not something I would have used on my own bike when I owned her.

chillman

Fellow Riders!

So my exhaust cracked around the O2 sensor when I hit a massive pot hole two years ago. After trying to have it welded, patched, bonded, etc. nothing worked. Was about to buy a used OEM exhaust when ebay showed the Delkevic. I purchased the 14" carbon fiber exhaust. Install was pretty easy--though you have to be careful with the gaskets to not let them slide too far in. Rode it to work yesterday (124 miles round trip) and here are my impressions: First, it looks good. I'm attaching the Delkevic image for the Red, faster bike. Second, it sounds great. Yes, there is more noise than with the OEM, but not enough to be annoying, and at speed I can't tell the difference. You have the option of removing the baffle, which I will try next, and I'm sure it will be louder and annoying. It removed a TON of weight from the bike! So the one thing I noticed is that when I ride I usually shift between 4 and 5K RPMs. With this exhaust it seems to me that the revs come on faster and I'm revving higher than I used to. It will take some getting used to for me to shift a bit faster. The one thing that I will say is a negative--and you don't know this until you get the product and read the fine print on the installation manual--is that it will only last about 10,000 miles before you have to drill the old rivets out and repack the muffler with a $30.00 kit. That's a pretty big drawback in my book. My bike has 93,000 miles on it now and I usually put a ton of miles on when I can commute with it, so we'll see how it performs once I am closer to 100,000 miles. Graham--the difference in sound is that it is throatier and deeper and a little louder. It isn't anything like a Harley or the like. Sounds more like a Ducati right now.product7689_3.jpg

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
It looks good and since it has to meet all the EU regulations it should work pretty good...

The one thing that I will say is a negative--and you don't know this until you get the product and read the fine print on the installation manual--is that it will only last about 10,000 miles before you have to drill the old rivets out and repack the muffler with a $30.00 kit.
Before you buy that $30.00 kit go to Home Despot and buy the fiberglass insulation to repack it. I did that with all my 2-strokes.:wink:

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
It looks good and since it has to meet all the EU regulations it should work pretty good...:
Yah, but didja know, our stock exhausts actually have a catalytic converter in them? Does the Delkevic one have that?

Top Bottom