Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather is amazing: some places

My Gallery

Weather is amazing: some places

I am in Michigan, and just finished a ride on October 8, and it 80 degrees! Sunny Sunday and a ride wearing summer gear to ride along Lake Michigan. Did see lots of other motorcyclist (and a few bikers), enjoying this amazing weather. Will we pay for this fine stretch of weather later perhaps, just enjoy it for now.

Hurricanes have made parts of U.S. almost uninhabitable at times. I guess it is true, Great Lakes, Salt and Shark free. Sometimes the rust belt can be the best place to have a motorcycle.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

My Gallery

Re: Weather is amazing: some places

It has been dry here for over a month. We will get some rain from Nate, but that will only last a couple to three days. Temperatures have been in the high 60s and 70s. I suspect that we will have a real nice and long fall.
    "Nothing is impossible--The impossible just takes a bit longer"
    ST-700 "Merlot", 1981 Yamaha XS650 Cafe Racer, 2007 Shelby GT
    AMA,United Bikers of Maine,Legion Riders,Patriot Guard Riders,Vintage Japanese MC.

My Gallery

Same beautiful weather here in IL, my wife and I put some miles on the Hondas today, it was upper 70's and light wind, great!

Brad

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

It was gorgeous (albeit a tad windy) today here in Kansas. Temperature was 80F and the sky was clear. I rode 48 miles, which gave me a total of 125,001 since I bought my NT 7 1/2 years ago.

Tomorrow, I'll visit my aunt and cousin and then head north and see if I can let the wet pass me during the night. Snow is predicted along the Front Range of Colorado tonight, but I'll bet none sticks.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

Still riding about every day in Spokane a bit. Temps headed to the 50s now.....froast at night.
    2010 NT700v, "Spanish Dancer" , 2014 FJR "Red Torpedo"

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Temps in the 80's here. The coolest nite so far has been 48. Jr and I are headed for New England on Thursday. Hope the warm weather holds out for the trip but if it turns cold, we are prepared.

Mike
    "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...." Mark Twain

My Gallery

The weather variety in this country is amazing. The weather channel this morning talked of wildfires in California, a winter storm in the Rockies, the remnants of a hurricane sweeping through the east, and the high temps today in the fall in Arkansas will be high 80's.
    Quite diverse. If you don't like the weather where you are now, just ride a little till it suits you.

Brad

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Tarman View Post
    It was gorgeous (albeit a tad windy) today here in Kansas. Temperature was 80F and the sky was clear. I rode 48 miles, which gave me a total of 125,001 since I bought my NT 7 1/2 years ago.

Tomorrow, I'll visit my aunt and cousin and then head north and see if I can let the wet pass me during the night. Snow is predicted along the Front Range of Colorado tonight, but I'll bet none sticks.
    Looks like the Front Range is gonna get 3-6 inches of liquid gold today....but yes, in the heat of the day, it will reach 35 degrees....
    Have good thoughts for California today.....their turn to be in the bucket....

No fire here yet.....just drought.....dropped 23 trees on my land to thin out the heard and leave enough water for the rest.....now I am dealing with the carcasses.....

My Gallery

Just got back from a visit to Montana to see some friends south of Missoula. It rained and snowed both days we were there. Got to have a picnic in the snow on the Bitterroot River. Fog obscured the view of the mountain ranges we were between. But it could have been worse. We did have a great visit with friends and found a couple of local breweries with very good craft beers. There was snow and ice on the passes on the way back to Butte, but otherwise the driving was good.

The week ahead looks good and I'm determined to get out on the bike a little more before winter (even thought I have nowhere to go).

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Rode the Honda to work last night and it was great. 50's rain forecast for tonight has me thinking about taking the car to work today.
    Karl
    2010 ABS "Jezabell"

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast