Where did you ride on a 70+ day in the North late October

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Two days of riding on the 20/1 in October in Michigan. Many riders out enjoying short sleeve riding (I of course fully attired). Even stopped both days at 'pure gas station' just in case my steed will be sitting for a while till weather permits riding: it seems logical weather has to change in the North soon.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I rode to Ft Morgan (58 miles) and back on Thursday and enjoyed the ride -- temps in the high 70s and, amazingly, hardly any wind. Very nice.

I had put Seafoam in the tank when I filled up before I left. The bike still missed some, but my perception was that it might have shown some slight improvement.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
We had some great weather lately too.
Today I washed my bike and took a 20-minute ride to dry it off and got home just as it started raining.
Yesterday I bummed a ride on a 32' Wellcraft out to Stockton Island in Lake Superior in 6' seas. Those twin 454s really guzzle gas.
On Thursday I played "picture tag" with the Triumph forum. I taged the challenge picture and posted a new challenge, then took the long way home.
On Wednesday I rode to Duluth and Superior and did some "man shopping".
On Tuesday I rode to the "Delta Diner" (google it) and took some great back roads near home.
But on Monday I took my pickup truck to buy some steel to repair my tractor back blade which I ripped to shreads the previous weekend.
Sunday after chruch I'll finish fabricating the new mounting system for the back blade. (unless I go for a motorcycle ride)

Plan for Monday is to burn the second half tank of gas and then refil with non-ethanol in preparation for winter storage.

I don't know how I ever found time to work!!!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
According to the weather people, our winter may be mild - at least in OH - because of the La Nina effect. Even during cold years, I always tried to get in 1-2 rides per month so I never put my bike into "winter storage."

Bike
2013 Harley Police bike
Over the past 3 days (20, 21, & 22nd) I have ridden about 550 miles in northern Michigan (not the UP) looking at the color of nearly every tree. Hopefully my better half has had enough color touring for this year.

The wife and I rode our bikes out to the Motorcycle shops in Iowa City....warm and breezy about 160 miles round trip..Today (Sunday)...it's raining and colder....looking forward to a ride to Sutliffe lunch next Sunday weather permitting..

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Took a curvy road route for lunch. Not much to see here now as far as leaf color. First time I got out my warmer gloves this season but cut back to summer gloves after lunch. 3/4 tank of gas. I skipped the cobbler in Jasper and I regret it a little bit. Some local older women make homemade pies and cobblers there. The real stuff.

Brad

Top Bottom