Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new Wing

My Gallery

Re: The new Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    I know many will say that changing gears is a no-brainer and muscle memory so why to take away something that is a huge part of the fun..
    I disagree. I have an NC700X with DCT. The fact is that I find myself having more fun and the ability to pay more attention to things during the ride. The experience is hard to put into words for others to comprehend. Its something that people have to experience for themselves and keep an open mind to the experiences that DCT can offer.

I can easily switch between all the modes with minimal thought. On a day I ride NaNCy into work, I use all 3 modes, D-Mode, S-Mode, and M/T-Mode.
    Last edited by Brillot2000; 02-15-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Additional Information
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie, 2013 NC700X - NaNCy, & 1987 XL600R - Megas

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Brillot2000 View Post
    I disagree. I have an NC700X with DCT. The fact is that I find myself having more fun and the ability to pay more attention to things during the ride. The experience is hard to put into words for others to comprehend. Its something that people have to experience for themselves and keep an open mind to the experiences that DCT can offer.

I can easily switch between all the modes with minimal thought. On a day I ride NaNCy into work, I use all 3 modes, D-Mode, S-Mode, and M/T-Mode.
    Thanks, I'm afraid to take any DCT bike for a ride... LOL.. I might like it too much.
    Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff"

My Gallery

I can remember when I had a 3 on the tree and it was fine. Well today, not one stick in my 4 vehicles or my Kubota, or lawnmower. I do not miss shifting them, and don't think I miss it on a motorcycle: sure sometimes I down shift RV or truck and do not use OD when pulling trailer. I think on a bike I might do the same, down shift at times.
    Last edited by Miairhead; 02-15-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

My Gallery

Thanks, I'm afraid to take any DCT bike for a ride... LOL.. I might like it too much.
    I know what you mean. I also got to ride the prototype of the new Gold Wing with the DCT nearly 3 years go out in the Mojave Desert on a test track. I can it was very rough when compared to the production release.

What I liked about this bike was the "Walk Mode" where the bike could be put into creep mode and move forward or reverse for maneuvering the bike in tight situations. This optional made it and is only available on the DCT Models. If I remember correctly, the "+" will move the bike forward and the "-" will move it in reverse.

WALKING MODE
    A big leap forward for 2018: The new Gold Wing DCT models feature “Walking Mode,” which lets you creep forward under power at a walking pace. Think how easy it will be to get in and out of tight parking spots with a fully loaded bike

My Gallery

I never thought I'd like the "paddle shift" automatic in a car as much as a manual transmission. But when I put my Mustang in "Sport" or "Track" mode it is a blast to play with the paddles. Just as effective as shifting a manual transmission and I don't have to worry about missing a shift or over revving as the computer won't let it. One of these days I'm going to have to try out a DCT sport bike and see if it is as much fun...
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

Kuna, Idaho a sparkling jewel in a park-like setting
    My Gallery

I stopped at my local Honda pusher' store today, mostly to look at the new Goldwing.
    He reports that 75% of his orders are for one of the DCT models.
    All the Wing drivers were over 60 years old..

He also sold three Africa Twins last month and they were all DCTs.
    Two were to drivers "about" retirement age and one was in his late 40's.

I am 68 and I still have mixed feeling about the DCT in my NC700.
    But it did drive it 11,000 miles the first year.

Dave
    I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure!
    Dave
    http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx177/glupy/VisitedSuperDave.jpg

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12