Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn Signal Module - How Does It Work???

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Re: Turn Signal Module - How Does It Work???

The Super Bright LEDs that I ordered for the rear turn signals arrived yesterday. LUYED (2) Premium Amber LED Turn Signals, Super Bright

I have prepared this side-by-side video on YouTube for you all to see the difference for yourselves.

I had to install 12Ω 25W Load Stabilizing Resistors to get the flash rate to the normal rate. These bulbs fit perfectly in the rear, however, they will not fit in the front due to there length.

I took a bunch of pictures of the LED bulb and I will create an album and share them with you all at a later time. I the link will be posted in this thread after I have uploaded the imagines.
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

The LED light is definitely brigher, Bruce. Thanks for sharing.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Here's a link to all the pictures of the LED Bulbs that I installed in the rear signals.

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Good News the stock flasher will support Hazards/4-Ways. I wanted to share the modification instructions with you all.

A DPDT switch or pushbutton will need to installed and tapped into the Gray, Orange, Light Blue wires close to the left switch connections to the main harness. See the basic connection diagram below.

NT700V_4-WaysMod.jpg

I used a set of patch cords in both 4-pins and 6-pins I purchased these cable assemblies from All Electronics 4 CONDUCTOR CONNECTOR and 6 CONDUCTOR CONNECTOR. I made all the required splices into these cables and simply plugged them in between the connection points. This made for a clean installation and can easily be returned to stock if needed.

Next was choosing a place to mount the switch. I choose to mount mine using one of the clutch lever perch mounting bolts. Next, I had to fabricate a mounting plate for the switch to mount in this location.

Here's a link to the Picture Gallery for this modification. 2010 NT700V Hazard/4-Ways Modification
    Last edited by Brillot2000; 11-29-2017 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Addition of Gallery Link

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Good news everyone.

I found out yesterday evening that the OEM Flasher Unit can operate the front turn signals as running lights as well with the LED Replacement Bulbs that I selected. However, the installation of a 50W 12Ω resistor will have to be installed in parallel to each LED Bulb.

Please study the simplified diagram below.

Attachment 12854

A resistor will need to be installed across LED bulb installed as illustrated in the diagram. This will ensure that you will not experience the "Hyper Flash" and the front lights will continue to operate as Running Lights.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I cannot guaranty that all LED replacement bulbs will operate in this matter or as a running light while using the OEM Flasher Unit. The ones that I selected seem to work in this manner during my testing. Individual results may vary.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12