NC750x finally coming here

I think this is the reason for the Harley Davidson success story....basically the same engine / frame geometry...minor changes over the years.that allowed inventory can be utilized on various different years and models..European motorcycles change almost on a yearly basis and is impossible to store any kind of accessory other than tires or brake pads etc...

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[..this is the reason for the Harley Davidson success story....basically the same engine / frame geometry...minor changes over the years.that allowed inventory can be utilized on various different years and models...]

I agree. For many years I have wondered what is inside the highly-touted Harley R & D facility. I can see a place where they have all the air cleaners on one wall from 4 decades, all the seats on another, fuel tanks on another, etc. so developing a new model is simply a pick & choose exercise. :)

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
It also helps that a Harley dealership typically only sells Harley's so they only have to stock Harley parts. My local large multi brand dealer would have to carry parts and accessories for 6,7 or 8 different brands.

Bike
2008 Dusk Beige NT700V
European rider here. I own an NT. Also had some miles on NC700 and NC750.

Correct me if I am wrong but the NT700 has been in the states for a while now right?

So, the NC as a replacement for NT? Nope. NC is a commuter whereas NT is a light tourer.
On NC, you will find more mpg, much more flexibility and ease of use, and that excellent storage where the tank should be.
I was trying to choose between NC700x, NT and a CBF600 when I would buy this and ended up with the NT.
I am more of a function guy on a bike. So the CBF600 gave me nothing except 4 cylinders. I still have a crush for her though :)
Why I ended up with NT is.... Well, you know all that there is.

Between the NC700 and NC750? It's just the looks, +5hp and a new generation ABS. I personally would not pay if I had to care for budget.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Correct me if I am wrong but the NT700 has been in the states for a while now right?
The NT was only offered for model years 2010 and 2011 and then it was product discontinued. The NT did not sell well over here for many reasons with one being it was deemed as being under powered by the motorcycle press here. Honda doing nothing to market it didn't help...

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
Being an NC700X owner, I can say the following.

Its a great bike and it was built on a budget. There are not too many fancy things like shaft drive, cruise control, Bluetooth radios, and what else not. Its back down to basics and what a motorcycle should be.

The bike as built for efficiency, fuel injection, single throttle body feeding both cylinders, longer stroke than bore and 270° crankshaft, chain drive and basic brakes. I have the DCT model, so I also got Combined ABS.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
European rider here. I own an NT. Also had some miles on NC700 and NC750.

So, the NC as a replacement for NT? Nope. NC is a commuter whereas NT is a light tourer.
On NC, you will find more mpg, much more flexibility and ease of use, and that excellent storage where the tank should be.
I was trying to choose between NC700x, NT and a CBF600 when I would buy this and ended up with the NT.
I am more of a function guy on a bike. So the CBF600 gave me nothing except 4 cylinders. I still have a crush for her though :)
Why I ended up with NT is.... Well, you know all that there is.

Between the NC700 and NC750? It's just the looks, +5hp and a new generation ABS. I personally would not pay if I had to care for budget.
Just curious. Here in the states, the NT was not offered at the same time as the NC. The Nt was offered as a commuter, basically, but we all saw it as the touring bike it could be with the big lids and other farkles. In Turkey, is the NC presented as a communter only, or do they advertise it as having options available to convert it to light touring?

Top Bottom