OP
OP
Woodaddict

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
not sure how many times it was checked. after reading how people went longer between valve checks, I also went longer intervals. my posts are on the valve thread somewhere. I have gone between 25,000 - 30,000 mostly. last time was about 42,000. only 1 valve was .001 out of spec, rest were in range spec. valves wear excellent. around 125K thought valves were making noise, had them checked - alright. found out noise was piston slap

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Man, you are livin' the DREAM! I only have a paltry 25k on my red 2010 and I have no plans to sell it.
And I am shopping for a third bike.
It would take the introduction to the market of an amazing middle weight sport tourer to make me part with her, and only because of space/upkeep/insurance/licensing costs.
How many times did you check the valves on the Silver one and how much did they vary? I am not amazed that a GoldWing goes over 100k. It amazes me that an NT will go over 150k.
Honda traded performance for longevity using the rather old-school Hawk GT V-twin in the NT, which is probably what Honda-San planned, given the bike's intended role. It's not the latest high output per displacement inline 4 like most sport bikes. The engine's not really that stressed mechanically. 150k miles is the break-in period :rofl1:

Brad

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Honda traded performance for longevity using the rather old-school Hawk GT V-twin in the NT, which is probably what Honda-San planned, given the bike's intended role. It's not the latest high output per displacement inline 4 like most sport bikes. The engine's not really that stressed mechanically. 150k miles is the break-in period :rofl1:

Brad
Actually the Honda NT650 Hawk was not sold in Europe. The Deauville was derived from the Honda NTV650 Revere which was the European version of the Hawk although it had a steel frame and shaft drive where the Hawk had an aluminum frame and chain drive. The engines in both were from the same platform.

Top Bottom