Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polaris Slingshot

My Gallery

Re: Polaris Slingshot

Two riding pals rented a Slingshot from Iron Pony (Columbus, OH) and took it for a spin to Southern OH. It was their opinion that the fast feeling comes from your backside being only a few inches off the deck and the single rear wheel that comes around easily with too much throttle. I'd guess that Iron Pony only has the Slingshot with standard engine for rentals but there is (was?) a turbo-boosted engine as a option.

The big disadvantage for me - besides the ugliness! - would be the width that would require nearly a full car space in my garage. And it's certainly not something you could park outside in bad weather.

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Hey Mike, that hit was out of bounds.
    My wife was supposed to say that!!!!!

So since y'all "can't hep yaself" I'll be willin to hep ya.
    Just be careful from now on.
    Sorry.... it's my turn to buy the ice cream in Spearfish next year...

Mike
    "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...." Mark Twain

My Gallery

No offense taken Mike.
    Just haviní fun.
    But Iíll take the ice cream.

My Gallery

My idea of a "Slingshot" was Suzuki's '93 version.

My Gallery

Is that a slingshot or did they paint the Bat Mobile red?
    Dan
    2013 Blue Triumph Trophy
    2011 Triumph Bonneville T100

My Gallery

When I get to the point that I can no longer ride on 2 wheels I'll just quit....
    NT only
    Bikes owned; '83 GL650I, '82 GL1100I, ??CB400, '82 GL1100A, '83 GL1100I, '06 BMW K1200LT, '10 NT700V

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
    I still think about getting a Slingshot. The problem is we already have a 2017 Mustang EcoBoost convertible with the "Track Pack". I cannot see where I'd have anything tangible to gain with a Slingshot over the Mustang. The Mustang gives me more power, better handling, more comfort (A/C and heated and cooled comfortable bucket seats), seats four (At least if you really dislike someone anyway! ), a huge trunk, and has a power top that opens or closes in about 10 seconds. Then add in that my Mustang ATGATT is sunglasses and a baseball cap...

The logical side of me says the Slingshot, or any three wheeler, is a serious step down from the Mustang in every category...but I'm still drawn to the darn thing....
    The Mustang is a great car. I really like my 2007 Shelby GT--also has the track package and all the other assorted goodies. The only drawback is that it has lousy brakes (My 2017 Ford Escape stops much better) The Shelby is going into the shop and will get new Wilwood brakes on all four corners. I will get the six piston calipers on the front and four piston calipers on the back. Should stop on a dime and give change. I had serious fade when I raced at Loudon NH this fall. That should solve the problem.
    "Nothing is impossible--The impossible just takes a bit longer"
    ST-700 "Merlot", 1981 Yamaha XS650 Cafe Racer, 2007 Shelby GT
    AMA,United Bikers of Maine,Legion Riders,Patriot Guard Riders,Vintage Japanese MC.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12