Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter is here (almost)

My Gallery

Winter is here (almost)

Well the weather here in Iowa has been really good for the time of year...but I have just had my last ride on the NT and she has been lovingly winterized and covered and now patiently waiting on my lift for next spring to arrive..bummer!.. The weatherman is calling for highs in the 20 s next week! ! and after Xmas (just 3 weeks away) I will be travelling south for a spell...This is the season I always envy the people who live (down there) not having to worry too much about road salt or ice and snow and annual winterizing..I have to think positive, knowing when I return the Honda will fire right up..all the maintenance is up to speed and the Michelins are barely broken in..The first ride in the chilly spring with all my riding gear and the grips on high heat is always a wide grin event knowing that the new season is about to begin..I feel better already...Happy Holidays to all and ride safe...

My Gallery

Re: Winter is here (almost)

We did get rather spoiled this weekend, I racked up about 300 miles. But now the NT is tucked in for a long winter's nap.

Brad

My Gallery

[...The first ride in the chilly spring with all my riding gear and the grips on high heat is always a wide grin event knowing that the new season is about to begin..I feel better already...]

I love those early spring days because I know the sun will come up a bit earlier each day and set later in the day, bringing much needed warmth!

I'm going for a ride today (high of 59) with some friends and it'll still be tolerable on Tuesday but after that the mercury starts to drop. The following week, it looks like daytime highs in the mid-20s with light snow possible on some days. :-(

My Gallery

The grotty weather has arrived in France with snow even as far south a Corsica in the Mediterranean!

Paris is currently snow free but, over the weekend, we had -3C, so quite chilly for us. We don't usually get the minus figures until January or February.

I'm still on the bike mind...
    Regards,
    John
    Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.

My Gallery

Temperatures starting to drop in the Nashville area. We have been in the mid 60's but by Thursday it is dropping into the 20's over night and mid 40's during the day. Some snow expected for Saturday. The NT is a great cold weather bike along with electric gloves and liners it is good for the worst winter can hand out here. Fortunately we get very little snow. Last year there were only four days I felt it unsafe to ride due to road conditions.
    Warren
    2010 NT700V ABS Silver, #0225, "Arcee"
    1977 Yamaha XS650 (Sold)

My Gallery

I took the NT out to breakfast this morning to celebrate the warm temps. Temps are predicted to drop and get to near normal later this week. Here I can still get out for short rides until we do get some winter precip and the salt comes out. But many times that is a short event also. Have to wait and see.
    Winter riding can be good here but the summer heat/humidity can take some of the fun away at times.

Brad

My Gallery

I got a short ride in yesterday.
    Dan
    2013 Blue Triumph Trophy
    2011 Triumph Bonneville T100

My Gallery

I have to count my blessings for being fortunate that I live in an area where I can ride year round.

I do not know how you all can put away your bikes into hibernation and forget about them until Spring. I guess you get used to it I suppose.

I grew up in the Antelope Valley east of Palmdale, CA. The winter temperatures used to get down to 18 F (-7.8 C) on those mornings, however, the winters were quite dry being in the SoCal desert. I rode year round there too, I had no other vehicle at the time. I would put on thermals, jeans, sweatshirt, jacket and a snowmobile suit with milatary arctic mittens. I had a set of Model 401 Hot Grips at the time, probably the only heated grips available at that time.

I experienced wind chill factors down to -8 F (-22 C) on those mornings to ride to high school over 20 miles one-way. I was quite happy if it was above 32 F (0 C). Wind Chill Calculator
    Last edited by Brillot2000; 12-05-2017 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Military Attic Mittens Link
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie

2017 Miles:
    My Gallery

I ride year round here in Sunny Portland Oregon! Rain is a bigger issue rather than cold, but I have ridden in temps down to 13f. Good gear makes all the difference
    2010 NT700V
    1982 GL500I - Gone but not forgotten

My Gallery

Winter is IN MICHIGAN, hopefully a January thaw to ride some.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast