Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter is here (almost)

My Gallery

Re: Winter is here (almost)

When I lived in Michigan as a teenager I started riding motorcycles. Winters seem excruciating long and summers were far too short.
    Warren
    2010 NT700V ABS Silver, #0225, "Arcee"
    1977 Yamaha XS650 (Sold)

My Gallery

We have had no snow yet. We had icing conditions where the fog gets the roads wet and then it all freezes. You don't want to ride before 10AM. As of a couple of days ago, the salting of the roads started. Salt and motorcycles are not a good mix.
    "Nothing is impossible--The impossible just takes a bit longer"
    ST-700 "Merlot", 1981 Yamaha XS650 Cafe Racer, 2007 Shelby GT
    AMA,United Bikers of Maine,Legion Riders,Patriot Guard Riders,Vintage Japanese MC.

My Gallery

If a picture is worth a thousand words here is what the north metro Atlanta area looks like this afternoon. That picture was taken at my Son's house near Dallas, Georgia. We only have about three inches here so far....

6PM Update: I just walked the dogs and we are up to about five inches now . Our dachshund had the most disgusted look on her face while she was out plowing around in the snow...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RedLdr1; 12-08-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

My Gallery

It is cold here in Arkansas(25-45deg), but the snow went south of here. Kind of a strange weather pattern. The weather just matches many other things going on in the world.

Brad

My Gallery

The snow is now up to 8 inches here and still coming down... Our Lab / Setter mix is going nuts playing in the snow. She just brought in a couple pounds of it in her long Setter hair...my wife isn't impressed!

20171209_090439_001.jpg
    20171209_090121.jpg

My Gallery

We are due an inch of snow tonight. Maybe we won't have a winter. I remember that in the fall of 2009 I bought a super heavy duty Ariens Snow Blower and we ended up with virtually no snow. I recall riding my Ninja all winter. This summer I bought a new Ford Escape with 4WD. I got steel rims for it with four snow tyres--saving the alloy rims and summer tyres from the salt. Maybe we will have a no to little snow winter.

My Gallery

Lake Effect, I guess the riding season is gone in Michigan. Kubota is ready for snow, and I will be shoveling dogs areas for the smaller rescue dogs.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Miairhead View Post
    I will be shoveling dogs areas for the smaller rescue dogs
    Four of our six rescues are small breeds. They look at the snow and head straight for a shoveled area!

My Gallery

Yep small dogs and snow not a happy combination, I have about 45, I guess I win. The big dogs like the Bernese Mountain Dog and the labs could care less about the depth.

My Gallery

We received about 1" to 1-1/2" last night with the temps in the mid-20s. The worst part was that the road clearing crews were non-existent so lots of roads were treacherous. I had dinner with my sons north of town at our favorite Mexican joint and my son's car did a lot of sideways wiggles on the way - and not just in the corners!

Looking at the long range forecast I see nothing but daytime highs in the 20s and low 30s for the next week or so at least for me, it's the start of my winter bike maintenance but I'll always have one of my bikes ready for a warm day.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast