Thread: Greetings and solicitations!!!

My Gallery

Greetings and solicitations!!!

It's the SEVENTH ANNIVERSARY (count 'em: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7)of the NT-Owners Forum! And it's nearly Christmas, to boot!

!I don't know about you, but this Forum has been one of the great gifts of my recent years. Thanks to Mother Honda for giving us the opportunity to have such a great bike to coalesce around -- even if they only imported it for two years. I've had mine for about 7 years, 9 months (2,832 days if I figure right), and have averaged 44 miles a day on it since I bought it.

By the time I bought my NT, Motorcycle Larry had started the original NT-Owners Forum, but before long he had to give it up due to health issues that led to his death. That's when Mellow stepped in and adopted us, adding us to his responsibilities as the Moderator of the ST-Owners Forum. And in the seven years since this Forum started, I've managed to make over 12,700 posts, averaging only ten a day.

It's hard for me to say which has given me the most joy -- the miles or the relationships I've formed through this Forum. Both have been great! We've got 1,116 members from around the world. 177 of those have been active in the last 30 days. The wealth of friendship and knowledge we've got has been shared in over 107,000 posts in over 7,500 threads.

And now here it comes: "The Sermon on the Amount" (I am a retired preacher, after all). Mellow covers the cost of hosting the Forum. He'd never ask for your contributions, but I will! We've got 28 site-supporters right now, and I want to challenge some more of you to join me in making at least a small contribution to cover the costs of this Forum. Just "click" on the Donate button at the top of the page. You can give via PayPal and it's Paynless. I'm giving $20 -- join me!
    Last edited by Phil Tarman; 12-13-2017 at 03:28 AM.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

Re: Greetings and solicitations!!!

Great sermon Phil - well short anyway. But to the point. Most of us know nothing about how much it costs to run this fourm. But whatever it costs we users should pay for. Since I have never seen an audited copy of Joe's accounting books, or even heard him complain, I assumed that he was doing OK. I agree that he should be doing better than OK because this forum in so good. So it is up to us to support the forum. Besides it's easy. Just do it.

My Gallery

Like Phil said it is easy peasy. Just click on donate. Any amount will help.

I just did $40, anyone want to join me with a donation?
    Last edited by tawilke46; 12-13-2017 at 03:49 AM.
    TIM WILKES
    2010 NT700V "PhaNTom" #1470
    2009 DL650 Wee (Phantom II)
    Vietnam Veterans of America Life Member
    NT Only

2018 Miles:
    My Gallery

great and helpful site. I joined in Jan 2012. have been a site supporter for last 4 yrs now. does donations have to match the miles one puts on the NT? hahaha 179,700 now, 6yrs 5 days of owning old silver

Previous:'
    97 PC800 67,664 miles in 3.3 yrs::'96 PC800 160,560 miles in 10.5 yrs::'82 GL500 Silverwing::'83 Shadow500::'78Suzuki GS550::'73Suzuki TC125::Suzuki TM400

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    great and helpful site. I joined in Jan 2012. have been a site supporter for last 4 yrs now. does donations have to match the miles one puts on the NT? hahaha 179,700 now, 6yrs 5 days of owning old silver
    Ya got to go for the 200k now. Wonder if Phil has a sticker for that milestone?

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tawilke46 View Post
    Ya got to go for the 200k now. Wonder if Phil has a sticker for that milestone?
    If he gets there, I'll have a sticker made for him. Since the bike (not the rider) earns the sticker, I'll probably get two made on the off chance that the guy who bought RUSTINPEACE's bike won't take long if he rides a lot. I'm beginning to think that I may never need that 200K sticker for myself, but who knows....

My Gallery

Just made a donation of US$20, ($27.35 Australian, that exchange rate at PayPal is starting to hurt)

Not the first time I have made a donation and probably won't be my last.

Seagrass
    Current Bikes owned 2007 NT700V, 1982 Honda CX500-TC (Turbo)
    NT700 Only

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Thanks to you, and all who are helping support the site!!

My Gallery

Yes a HUGE thanks!

+ New Posts