Got to ride twice this week

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
I don't winterize my bike so when we have a decent day I can ride...

had such a day this past Tuesday, about 40 degrees with no rain so I rode to work...I even passed a guy on a Harley but he was too cool to wave....

today, I had a lunch date with my daughter....good visit but short, she only gets 30 minutes for lunch, still, it was great to ride to and from...about 30 miles total.

That's how I make it through the winter....ride to work once in a while and/or ride to town on errands and such when I can. wooohooo!!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Rideable days in the winter months are precious indeed!

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I took a short (45 mi) ride on Tuesday and it felt great to be out. The temp was in the mid-40s with very little wind.

Like you, I do not winterize my bikes and worst case scenario with white stuff & salt on the roads, I'll push it out of the garage and let it run in the driveway until the cooling fan comes ON. Depending on the ambient temp, that might require covering the radiator with a piece of cardboard. I do the same for my mowers once a month - run them in the driveway - so they'll start come spring.

Every spring I see the pickup truck from the local mower service shop picking up units that have been totally ignored for 4-months and won't start! :confused:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
It's 37 this morning and raining. It looks like more of the same for the rest of the day and turning to light (?) snow in the next few days, then the mercury drops into the 20s for the Christmas week. Time to start on my winter projects! :)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Looks like you "Midwest" folks will have to get through a little riding intermission because of the weather. You're doing a lot better than me going about 6 months with no riding. My last ride was in the third week of October. I don't want my bike back on the road until the spring rains wash all the salt/sand off the roads.

It is dark for two hours after I get up in the AM and it only stays light for about 8 hours. We are snowcovered and the high temperatures on Christmas won't make it above zero. The sun makes it up to a whopping 27 degrees above the horizon by noon. Lots of folks get cabin fever and become depressed at this time of year. The flood of property tax bills, insurance bills, and income tax issues don't help either.

On the brighter side, the days will be getting longer from now on. We are having dinner on Christmas day with relatives where some of do a bunch of verbal motorcycling. We tell stories about last year's rides and plan next summer's rides. And for the next few months I'll enjoy other hobbies like XC-skiing, indoor target archery, reloading rifle and pistol ammo, and ignoring my income taxes.

Merry Christmas to all

Top Bottom