Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winter is hard

My Gallery

Re: Winter is hard

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    I agree that reporters outside in skirts and bare legs is a poor example to set. But it will probably help get higher ratings for the "news".
    I used to work next to the Weather Channel's Atlanta broadcast office and there was not a single woman in that building that wasn't very attractive. Lunch hour at the local food court was always interesting...I felt like Jimmy Carter every day....

Back on topic we have SNOW! Again! Just over an inch..but it is on top of ice so it is a nasty skating rink in parts of North Georgia / Atlanta. All the bubba's must be out in their jacked up pick ups and jeeps as they are reporting roll over accidents all over the area. I-85 is closed in Northeast Georgia. Ah, the joys of winter...
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

My Gallery

Its not much better in the Nashville area. A couple of inches of snow have accumulated and the temperatures have been frigid. it was 7 when I left for work this morning. It should get up into the 50's by Saturday. I hope by Monday the snow and ice are melted and I can get back on the NT for my morning commute.
    Warren
    2010 NT700V ABS Silver, #0225, "Arcee"
    1977 Yamaha XS650 (Sold)

My Gallery

We had two days of 47F temperatures last week--caused ice dams in the rivers (Augusta had a flood) also had parts of the roads cave in. We then went back into a deep freeze causing historic frost heaves on the roads. Motorcycles will have to be ESPECIALLY CAREFUL riding this spring. There will be lots of shock absorbers and front end alignments sold this year.
    "Nothing is impossible--The impossible just takes a bit longer"
    ST-700 "Merlot", 1981 Yamaha XS650 Cafe Racer, 2007 Shelby GT
    AMA,United Bikers of Maine,Legion Riders,Patriot Guard Riders,Vintage Japanese MC.

My Gallery

The Atlanta area is still a skating rink this morning. What the sun had melted refroze, it was 11F this AM, and it is now a nice smooth skating rink in all the shaded areas. It is supposed to warm up this afternoon, low to mid forty's, but it will still be fugly for another day or so...especially in the mornings.

My Gallery

One of my neighbors moved to Atlanta to get away from the Maine winters. At least here you EXPECT snow at this time of the year. I don't like to be blindsided.

My Gallery

More than warm enough for a ride today. My glacier AKA driveway has a thin coat of water and is slick as all get out.
    Karl
    2010 ABS "Jezabell"

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Main roads are clear, too bad I live on gravel road. Even if my road does get clear of ice, you get a nice 1/2 mile of slush dirt to ride through. If I get a few days of dry warmth I'll put on my Aerostich and take a ride. Ah Michigan, spring can not come too quickly.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

+ New Posts
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345