Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter is hard

My Gallery

Winter is hard

Here is West Michigan you expect some winters to be very 'Winter Like'. Lots of snow, cold, and more of the same. The East is getting winter all the way to the Sunshine State, I know many riders ride all winter down south looks like not this year. I even fell on ice with a shovel and hurt my right hand holding on a snow shovel.
    Wow a Bomb Cyclone in the East too. I can not image what the drivers who don't know how to drive in snow and ice. Winter I was told is like Justin Bieber, cite for a while, then time to go back to Canada.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

My Gallery

Re: Winter is hard

Well we don't have much snow here - only about a foot. I think they are saving the snow fall for April and May again. But the cold has been with us for some time now. Temperatures have been below zero 99% of the time for the last two weeks. Forecast is that we may break into the teens above this weekend. My main activites in winter are XC skiing and fat biking. I don't mind the cold as long as the wind isn't blowing hard. But it has been a bit windy too. So now I'm content to default to my indoor winter activity of reloading ammo. I'll have a good supply by spring so I can go out and ruin some targets.

It has been so cold it looks like some of the ships in Lake Superior are going to have to winter here because they are closing the Sault Ste. Marie locks on Jan 15.

My Gallery

Jim, I wondered how you were doing up there; and I'm wondering about our NT friends on the East Coast. Makes me glad I live here in the banana belt. It got up to 43 yesterday and it's 47F here right now. If i weren't such a wimp, I'd maneuver all my vehicles around in the garage so I could get the NT out and go for a ride.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

43 Wow I think I'd be riding Commando in that heat.

My Gallery

Here out in SoCal, we had quite the opposite prior to New Years. We had temperatures in the 80's during the day dropping off into the low 50s. We are starting to cool off gradually to normal temperatures for this time of year. In the meantime, we have to deal with the low 70's until next week.

Then we are back in the 60's and a high percentage of rain on both Monday and Tuesday. SoCal winter is coming...
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie, 2013 NC700X - NaNCy, & 1987 XL600R - Megas

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Tarman View Post
    If i weren't such a wimp, I'd maneuver all my vehicles around in the garage so I could get the NT out and go for a ride.
    I understand Phil. As we age it doesn't take much of an excuse to stay seated in the recliner. But if I were where you are I'd move the garage to get the bike out and go ride. But then, I've been motorcycle deprived for about 10 weeks already now - almost half way to spring.

I'm thinking about all those on the east coast dealing with the weather too. Those conditions don't really bother us much here. It only takes me 10 minutes to put the snowplow on the truck and plow my way out. They usually have US 2 plowed right away, and that is at the end of my 500' driveway.
    One year (early 70s) US2 was not plowed. So we saddled up the horses and rode into town (about 1.5 mi.). Nothing was open. All the way into town and back there wasn't a track anywhere - even in town. It is kind of nice when life slows down like that. Our society ought to do more of that.

Let's hear from some of you folks out east. How it is going?

My Gallery

Just reporting in from Westrn Sydney Australia. Expecting temps above 95 Fahrenheit for the next 4 days with Sunday expected to be around 115.

I am lucky to be heading off to Norfolk Island for a few weeks where temps are supposed to be around 77 while I am there. Only trouble is I do not have access to a motorbike while I am there.

Seagrass
    Current Bikes owned 2007 NT700V, 1982 Honda CX500-TC (Turbo)
    NT700 Only

My Gallery

[...Expecting temps above 95 Fahrenheit for the next 4 days with Sunday expected to be around 115...]

Well it's summer Down Under so I'm not surprised!

My Gallery

Yes but a fair bit hotter than the average for the next few days.

Just watching the morning news here and saw a report from Boston with all of the snow and reports of -14 Celsius there in the next few days. Now that is cold!

(Threadstarter)
    My Gallery

Seagrass I am not sure of the cost, but could you please box up some of the 95 degrees and send a big box to JungleJim and myself. I looked on Amazon, on of the few things they don't sell is 95 degree air in a box.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast