Thread: When i grow up I want to ride like a girl

My Gallery

When I grow up I want to ride like a girl

Last edited by Miairhead; 01-04-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

My Gallery

Re: When i grow up I want to ride like a girl

I can't even begin to comprehend how people can ride like that, regardless of their gender. Absolutely amazing!
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

Amazing! When I was a pup I used to compete occasionally in trials, but they were NEVER anything like that and even the very best trials riders in my day could not even comprehend what the trials riders of today are capable of.

Mike
    "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...." Mark Twain

2018 Miles:
    My Gallery

WoW! That terrain is rugged enough it would be hard to hike let alone ride. I admire the talent there!
    --Walt
    2010 Bloom Red NT700V

My Gallery

Trials is one of the motorcycle events I have not seen in person. It is on my bucket list. I may get to one this summer.
    It is amazing what they can do.

Brad

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ARKNT View Post
    Trials is one of the motorcycle events I have not seen in person. It is on my bucket list. I may get to one this summer.
    It is amazing what they can do.
    Go for it Brad. It is worth it. Their bikes are very special and it is interesting to hear the tech talk among the riders. I don't understand the differences between some of the brands and sizes of the components they speak of, but I do understand how some of the modifications give them some advantage in certain situations. Sorry if I offend anyone on this forum, but those bikes handle a LOT better than an NT.

At the last two "Very Boring Ralleys" that Aerostich put on in Duluth they had a national trials event at the same location. The two events weren't related at all - just a coincidence they were at the same place on the same weekend. The Very Boring Ralley attracted a lot of touring and adventure bikes. And I saw more of those riders tip over in camping area than the trials riders who were competing and pracitcing on the rugged terrain.

My Gallery

Many several ago, the international motorcycle shows had a trials demonstration in one corner of the cavernous IX Center in Cleveland. I can't recall the rider's but remember he was the world champion from the previous year and I believe part of the demo was a press promo thing for Gas-Gas for Beta?

The concrete floor in those huge expo halls is usually polished concrete so certainly not "grippy" to say the least. They had several barriers for him to ride over plus in the center was a tall, metal scaffold, probably 20-feet off the ground with a pad on top that was barely long enough for the bike - in fact 1/2 the front wheel and 1/2 the back wheel didn't fit on the pad. How he climbed up there is beyond me then he "bunny hopped" the bike around so he could ride down the same side he used for the climb!
    Last edited by DirtFlier; 01-05-2018 at 12:10 PM.

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DirtFlier View Post
    Many several ago, the international motorcycle shows had a trials demonstration in one corner of the cavernous IX Center in Cleveland. I can't recall the rider's but remember he was the world champion from the previous year and I believe part of the demo was a press promo thing for Gas-Gas for Beta?
    The last time the International motorcycle show came to Denver, they had that same demo. Very impressive. I can't remember how many years ago it was, but I'm pretty sure I was still riding my first '99 Concours, so it was probably before 2006 or so.

My Gallery

Every year when I attend the Barber Vintage Fest I like to watch the observed trials on vintage bikes. Those guys ride the old iron with similar skills that trials riders back in the day had. These guys (and gals) today are on an entirely different level. I would love to see them in person.

Mike

My Gallery

One of the best at trials

TIM WILKES
    2010 NT700V "PhaNTom" #1470
    2009 DL650 Wee (Phantom II)
    Vietnam Veterans of America Life Member
    NT Only

+ New Posts