Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rottela T6

My Gallery

Re: Rottela T6

Could I put the T6 in my 2010 Chevy?

My Gallery

Phil,
    My connie also had pits on the cam. They never gave me trouble and lasted over 100,000 miles. I sold that bike and would have trusted it for lots more miles. The NT fits my inseam better than the connie did.

Brad

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ARKNT View Post
    he NT fits my inseam better than the connie did.

Brad
    The NT's weight is more appropriate for my pitiful knees and legs than the Connie's weight was.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

I've used Rotella (dinosaur juice) in my NT from the beginning and have seen no ill effects. I also used it in my PC800 that I bought new and put 102k on it before it was sold to a friend. And I always buy it at my local Auto Parts store because I'm not a Wal-Mart person! When you weigh the cost savings vs the possibility of keeping a local small business healthy, I always lean to the small business. Saving $1-$2 over 8k-12k miles between oil changes is a pittance and you could easily do the same by skipping the fries when you order a sandwich.

Ps. Phil - Now that you've put a fair number of miles on your lowered bike, any regrets?
    Last edited by DirtFlier; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RedNigel View Post
    Could I put the T6 in my 2010 Chevy?
    Yup! Lots of folks use it in gas engine applications.

Mike
    "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...." Mark Twain

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DirtFlier View Post
    Ps. Phil - Now that you've put a fair number of miles on your lowered bike, any regrets?
    Absolutely none. But, I still need to lower the sidestand a bit more. I've decided not to lower the centerstand any -- just running the rear up onto a 3" thick wooden ramp i carry in my pannier works fine for getting the centerstand down.

I actually think I have more lean angle with the bike lowered and the peg-lowerers removed than I did before.

My Gallery

Yes, I had to redo the chop on my centerstand twice before I was happy. With the original chop distance (20 mm?) recommended by HyperPro, the bike was too upright and if I was sitting on the bike, it required that I tip it to the right very far before I could get the sidestand up and that was a very uncomfortable feeling!

The second time I did it, I made the cut at the bottom of the rounded v-shaped loop that you use the push down the sidestand. With the foot welded there, it tips more to the left when on the sidestand so much easier to raise-up when seated.

+ New Posts
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234