Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why

My Gallery

Why

It is bad enough that we dodge distracted drivers. Then some group does something stupid to make people dislike motorcyclist. I never been any place where this happens, and I been in large events with many different riders. I guess this is the mob mentality.

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/08/group-...side-chp-says/
    Old Man with too little time and too much to ride

My Gallery

Re: Why

Disgusting animals like these give the sport a bad name.

Mike
    "tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...." Mark Twain

My Gallery

This was right down the street from where my brother lives (and rides his HD...sorry, I can't convince him to buy a dependable bike). Last time I was in the area, I did encounter a couple of larger sized group of dipsticks on the 91 and the 215 once or twice. I just gave them the room they wanted. Had I not been in a rental car, I may have had a different attitude.

My Gallery

Maybe it is better they are on motorcycles than driving Peterbilts. There is no excuse for that behavior. It is a huge embarrassment.

That behavior is a big problem for law enforcement. It would require a lot of manpower and create a big public disturbance to undertake an enforcement program, and then the charges and penalties would erode when they all went to court. Maybe technology of video and overhead tracking will provide some enforcement opportunities.

My Gallery

I too am embarrassed by this behavior and knowing it is going on in my home state plus not that far away does not sit well with me.

I think that it has a lot to do with the Mohawks on their helmets. They seem to induce childish and violent tendencies. They also seem to suppress to common sense and rational thoughts.
    Bruce B.
    Sun Valley, CA
    2010 NT700V - NaTalie, 2013 NC700X - NaNCy, & 1987 XL600R - Megas

My Gallery

Seems to be confined to riders in their 20s on sportbikes. We have a few of those around here, not packs of them preying on motorists. What we seem to be seeing more--especially in the cities are "Ricers". These are mostly Asian cars that have hopped up engines, wings on the back, loud pipes, and garish paint jobs . These guys race each other on the streets, pass on the right and then cut you off, and generally act aggressive. They frequently try to "race" me, and I ignore them (takes two to race). I'm into American Muscle--a V-8 with lots of horsepower. I don't need to prove anything.
    "Nothing is impossible--The impossible just takes a bit longer"
    ST-700 "Merlot", 1981 Yamaha XS650 Cafe Racer, 2007 Shelby GT
    AMA,United Bikers of Maine,Legion Riders,Patriot Guard Riders,Vintage Japanese MC.

My Gallery

We've got the "Ricers" around here in Greeley. The only place I've seen the crazed sport-bike riding crowd has been in Wichita. They are truly embarrassing.
    Phil Tarman
    Greeley, CO
    NT700VA 2010 SN #0079 -- "Dudley" -- 125,000+ Miles
    IBA # 5811: SS1000(X3), BB1500, BBG
    2013 Four Corners Tour Finisher # 70
    Read about the "Epic Ride" at: www.ptarman1.com

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Seems to be confined to riders in their 20s on sportbikes.
    That isn't the case here... We have the gangs like that in and around Atlanta. Riding anything from scooters, dirt bikes, cruisers, sportbikes to four wheelers down the city streets stunt riding, blocking traffic, vandalizing property, robbing gas stations and in general being dirt bags. The Atlanta PD won't do a thing even after getting one of its police cruisers vandalized...with bystander video clearly showing the perps posted on the web by the gang. When one of the gang members is stopped the charges generally are for possession of a stolen vehicle, felon in possession of a weapon, then possession of illegal drugs, then outstanding warrants, followed by probation violation, then way down the list is the traffic offense(s). But the APD, and the local politicians, won't address the issue...or treat it as the gang issue it is... If I'm involved in an incident with one of the gangs I won't be stopping. I'll call 911 and take other measures to ensure my personal safety...
    Last edited by RedLdr1; 01-11-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Wayne
    1987 Yamaha FJ1200
    AMA Life Member

My Gallery

I witnessed a performance by a sport bike group (gang?) in Atlanta riding wheelies and agressively on a freeway. They were pretty intimidating (and stupid). Most folks just got out of the way and let them do their thing. It was a hot day, freeway was crowded, and traffic was heavy and fast (can you believe that?). I took the quickest way I could find to some mountain roads and more enjoyable riding. Atlanta is now on my "no go to" list.

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    It was a hot day, freeway was crowded, and traffic was heavy and fast (can you believe that?).
    No, I don't... You were doing fine until you said "fast"...

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast